Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Wing126 wrote: »
    Got a response from game. I'd you've cancelled the order, message them on Facebook or email them telling them so and include you're order number and they will refund you if you haven't been already refunded.

Yeah, I talked to them on web chat last week. They said they'd refund the deposit on the first order (which was cancelled), and coincidentally I received an email from them this afternoon saying the refund has been approved and will go through in the next few working days.

However, I'm now unable to log into their website to complain about the other email (which tells me I'll be billed for the full amount in November, for the second order) despite them already having taken a deposit. It tells me my password is incorrect (which is BS), but won't let me change it. They also won't respond on either FB or Twitter... To be honest, I reckon I'll just try to chargeback my debit card and let them go eff themselves, pip boy or no pip boy.

Anyway, onto more interesting matters... Bethesda have released the schedule for the fast approaching QuakeCon. You may have to enter a DOB to read it, but essentially they'll have an exclusive Fallout 4 presentation with Todd Howard on July 24th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

They only took 16 off me as the pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'll take exception to that. My local store are always nice and helpful. Never seen them treat anyone badly.

Agree with you on that one. My local one in Limerick could not be nice. However there is a 2nd one in Limerick and you could be standing up waiting to be served and there talking to there mate and will ignore you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Bit of new Information about the game available in these two threads from Reddit.

Link 1

Link 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Nice one. Bookmarked for later.

Aye, The conference wasn't live streamed or anything so it's all we can get atm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thought I was after posting this here but got mixed up with the other Fallout 4 thread in PC gaming.
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I'm sure you guys have also seen the Fallout Anthology collection too by now. That nuke tho :eek: :cool:

https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/624285132963381248/photo/1

Gamestop robbers trying to charge €70 for it when it's RRP is €49.99

Game.co.uk have it for €56

http://www.game.co.uk/en/fallout-anthology-only-at-game-733290?pageSize=40&searchTerm=fallout&catGroupId=

• Advertisement

I'm sure you guys have also seen the Fallout Anthology collection too by now. That nuke tho :eek: :cool:

https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/624285132963381248/photo/1

Gamestop robbers trying to charge €70 for it when it's RRP is €49.99

Game.co.uk have it for €56

http://www.game.co.uk/en/fallout-anthology-only-at-game-733290?pageSize=40&searchTerm=fallout&catGroupId=

RRP means nothing tbh. I hate Gamestop and their robbing ways, but there's absolutely nothing we can do other than not buy from them.

I have all those games, otherwise I would grab that off Game.co.uk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Anyone spot any footage of the Quake Con demo?

Anyone spot any footage of the Quake Con demo?

Nah, I think it was strictly no electronic devices.

Nah, I think it was strictly no electronic devices.

Harsh!

Come to think of it, has anyone else emailed gamestop calling them out on the prices? I feel like maybe if enough people do it, they'll cave.
    Harsh!

Aye it sucks! Hopefully Beth themselves will release footage, but there wasn't even a livestream, just a liveblog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Come to think of it, has anyone else emailed gamestop calling them out on the prices? I feel like maybe if enough people do it, they'll cave.

Aye it sucks! Hopefully Beth themselves will release footage, but there wasn't even a livestream, just a liveblog!

That won't make a bit of difference. If they can keep turning good profits as a company with their current pricing structure, they will keep doing it, they'd be stupid not to in fact. You have to also consider they're an American company, and their market share in the U.S. is massive, much more dominant than here, so they can get away with the extortionate prices. Just don't give them your business, it's all you can do, and if you can buy a game cheaper somewhere else, why bother complaining?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't understand why they wouldn't let people record fallout footage :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Gamestop are doing one last round of preorders for the collectors edition online, get em while their still there.
    https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?platform=&rootGenre=&age=&listSkus=246946%2C247053%2C246906

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can't understand why they wouldn't let people record fallout footage :confused:

Quake Con is a very intimate event in terms of game conferences. Only 9000 people were at it last year, I'd say a similar number were in attendance this year, and less of them were in the Fallout presentation.

Bethesda probably wanted the footage to be special for those in attendance.

Like Comic-Con trailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Jesus. GAME's support is truly horrendous.

Have you tried actually ringing them yourself?

yup, rang them 2 or 3 weeks ago , at 4.20 on a friday when work was a bit quiet. was on hold 60+ mins on the one line, while on the other line i took calls and worked away on e-mails.
    i hung up and went home when they closed up the office at 5.35
    Really think the mass effect dialogue system is a major regression. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the text box and silent protagonist!! I like to know exactly what my characters going to say and not try and guess of a couple of words. If it's not broke don't fix it.

This is **** news....
    Really really ****

i don't like it for aiming, if i want to practice my skill at aiming ill play Counter strike.
    hopefully it will be REALLY REALLY slow - like slower than how slow that new GTA games goes when your changing radio station.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Bethesda have confirmed that there is no level cap and the game doesn't end when the main story is over

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/6/9110439/fallout-4-story-level-cap-keep-playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Bethesda have confirmed that there is no level cap and the game doesn't end when the main story is over

Brilliant. That annoyed me with the original F3 and FNV ending.

This is very welcome news! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Brilliant. That annoyed me with the original F3 and FNV ending.
    Made sense in NV. It would have been stupid for you to continue and still be attacked by Legionnaires and the NCR (or whomever you didn't side with), as well as all the upheaval that would have happened quite rapidly after the second battle of Hoover Dam. F3 it would have just been making the water supply non-irradiated, pretty easy to code for.

As for the level cap being removed, I'm conflicted. Happy because I can keep levelling up but sad because it's moving away more from it's roots. Tough one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Always mod the cap off anyway. Usually stop playing or start new character before I get OP, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Slightly off topic but anyone at Dublin Comic Con today, make sure you head to the Wasteland Festival upstairs in the far corner. You swap pre-war money (euros) for bottle caps and use them on games. Highlight of DCC for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Great to hear!

FALLOUT: SHELTER is hereeeeeeeeeee for Android! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter

Initially installed it on my Nexus 5 but then said nah I'd prefer big screen and mouse over touchscreen :D

UVG9aLS.jpg?2

(bluestacks android emulator for PC)

• Advertisement

You're a legend Misky! Wasn't coming up for me when i searched the store on my phone. Installed fine with that link. Time to run some mental experiments on my subjects!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You're a legend Misky! Wasn't coming up for me when i searched the store on my phone. Installed fine with that link. Time to run some mental experiments on my subjects!

I had forgotten all about it then remembered all of a sudden it was out today. Searched for it, no sign. Few minutes later, it was live. Good timing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Its free? hooray!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its free? hooray!

Yeah it's free. There are purchasable 'lunchboxes' which give you random items but you don't actually need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Phone battery took a hammering today. I'm working hard boss I swear.

Am I just really stupid or can I not find Fallout Shelter on the Play store? I'm trying to get it working with Bluestacks emulator, but can't find it listed anywhere. Harrumph. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Am I just really stupid or can I not find Fallout Shelter on the Play store? I'm trying to get it working with Bluestacks emulator, but can't find it listed anywhere. Harrumph. Any ideas?

Didn't show up in the store for me, but MiskyBoyy's link above worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

OSI wrote: »
    Not showing up in search results, but the entry still exists:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter&hl=en

Wonder have they pulled it for a while.

Beat me to it :)

So I wonder how to tie that in with the Bluestacks emulator ... The device I have currently isn't good enough to run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Works in the store for me it's just not at the top of the searches scroll down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The amount of utter trash on the Play store is incredible. Makes me wonder if I should do a quick Java course and start pumping crap like that out myself, or is it all being churned out in less developed countries for a dollar a day?

Got it working.

For anyone interested, go to the link provided here in the browser on BlueStacks, then just download and install like you normally would through the Play Store.

OSI wrote: »
    Not showing up in search results, but the entry still exists:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter&hl=en

Wonder have they pulled it for a while.

If you search Fallout Shelter, then click MORE on Apps. Scroll down to #21 and there it is.

It will probably jump to #1 as soon as they update market listings etc.

Jaysus this is addictive! Another Babby on the way which will bring me to 20 dwellers and will be able to open my radio station. Great idea by Bethesda, was already mad top play FO4 but this app is just ramping it up.

Careful with the radio room. The game load screen said you are far more likely to get attacked by a Deathclaw when you have one. Loving the shelter game, pretty basic and fun. One really annoying bit is when Raiders attack. You have to keep clicking your guys to chase them around. I only have 5 or 6 guns and 30 dwellers so obviously I'd prefer the guys with the guns to be doing the fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Careful with the radio room. The game load screen said you are far more likely to get attacked by a Deathclaw when you have one. Loving the shelter game, pretty basic and fun. One really annoying bit is when Raiders attack. You have to keep clicking your guys to chase them around. I only have 5 or 6 guns and 30 dwellers so obviously I'd prefer the guys with the guns to be doing the fighting.

You don't have to have a guy follow them around. Just change who has the gun. Still means a good few clicks but your guys are all still in their correct rooms at the end

matrim wrote: »
    You don't have to have a guy follow them around. Just change who has the gun. Still means a good few clicks but your guys are all still in their correct rooms at the end

They all swap back to their original rooms far as I can tell which is neat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

They all swap back to their original rooms far as I can tell which is neat.

Yeah during a rush or attack you can assign people to different rooms then they all go back as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Got some lad who looks like Jason from Halloween from a lunch box he kicks bums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

matrim wrote: »

A much easier way is to be clever in how you plan out your valut.

I have mine set up so its vault entrance - lift - 3 room diner with 6 people working there and armed with the best weapons I have. Raiders never last long and sure as hell dont make it back out to wander around the lower levels causing trouble :) You need to destroy the living quarters the intro make you build once you get full control of the game.

It also worth doing some trial runs to try and farming some rare items from the starter lock boxes the game throws at you at the start. Got lucky and got 2 damage 22 alien guns which destroy everything on wasteland runs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement