Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in slabbing internal walls?

Options
  • 23-05-2015 12:57pm
    Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

renovation an 70 year old bungalow. The external walls will be getting insulated plasterboard but the internal walls are not in bad shape and I could get away with a good skim. Also the wall runs are very short.
    Saw someone mention here before about slabbing internal walls and wonder what is the point?

Tks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭mail

Hi no point in slabbing the internal walls. You would also have problems at door jambs. Just thistlebond the walls and re-skim

• Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭eamon11

tks mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Alot do it, you can widen the door frames by bonding on 2x1 with tech 7 and tech 7 the slabs. Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Alot do it, you can widen the door frames by bonding on 2x1 with tech 7 and tech 7 the slabs. Good job.

Or fixing metal stop-beads to the end of the sheetrock, skimming, painting and using this as an extra arris. I got rid of all my door and window architraves years ago and it looks great.

• Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭eamon11

tks lads.

not sure I understand you mohican. What is an arris?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

eamon11 wrote: »
    tks lads.

not sure I understand you mohican. What is an arris?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arris

Please read, digest and regurgitate as I'm liable to ask a trick question when you least expect it! :)

Advertisement