Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can any body recommend?

• 22-05-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

a good decking oil i used to use this one but its so expensive Osmo 016 Wood - Oils Bangkirai - Oil Dark 2.5L

should i be using a stain or should i keep with oil any ideas recommendations or bargains advice please thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin City Handyman

Id keep with the oils, looks better and is far better for the timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

Id keep with the oils, looks better and is far better for the timber.

But any particular make ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin City Handyman

faolteam wrote: »
    But any particular make ?

I'd keep to the oil you where using, because you don't know how to different makes would reacted over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭iioklo

Use oil if you want to keep natural timber colour or a stain if you want to give the colour a lift. Dont use those waterbased fence/decking products as they dont last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

iioklo wrote: »
    Use oil if you want to keep natural timber colour or a stain if you want to give the colour a lift. Dont use those waterbased fence/decking products as they dont last.

If the decking is used regularly then nothing will stay on it.
    I used anti slip stain on my and it actually is anti slip. A nightmare in winter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement