Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

19 yo falls from balcony

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Not that I'm aware of.

But it's not rocket science to say that either there's a structural issue, or the guy was using the structure differently to how it was designed to be used, or the third option that I'm not even going to talk about.

Arguably, complexes that are intended for people who are prone to risk-taking behaviour (eg students) should have more design features than usual to stop people using structures differently from how they're designed.

Quote from a mod

"This can be very damaging to an individual or situation, so thus requires some sort of official evidence to back it up. (usually a lnk to a news article)

Unless there is official information available, any extra information from an unverified source isn't allowed"

Everything u've written is speculation and u've made a lot of assumption. mods have remove other posters theories, Mrs o bumble comments should be removed also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

But it's not rocket science to say that either there's a structural issue, or the guy was using the structure differently to how it was designed to be used, or the third option that I'm not even going to talk about.

Rocket science, it ain't. Speculation it most certainly is. Let's wait until official reports come out before you start listing what could in theory have happened.

This is seriously the last time I'm going to ask that people not speculate or add what they think might/might not have happened in this particular incident to the thread. It does no one any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Arguably, complexes that are intended for people who are prone to risk-taking behaviour (eg students) should have more design features than usual to stop people using structures differently from how they're designed.

Where does that end though? Do you remove windows in case somebody leans out of it and stumbles?

You can't legislate for idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's not assume this was an accident that can be attributed to idiocy. This case is much too fresh to have that carry on.

Actually, I'll just close this for now. Might be reopened when official news are out.

Tralee student - if you or your family are reading this, hope you make a full recovery. Best of luck and hope you'll be back in college in no time :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement