Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Yup, that's a sealant ;)

I know but is it completely necessary to wax as well?

Any recommendations on good wax that doesn't cost €€€€€€€€€

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Holts Tar Remover - 6 euros or so from Motorfactors and trust me it works...others say petrol does the job as well.

That looks like the sort of thing. Just wanted to get a recommendation 'cause I tried a different 1 before and it was total s**t.
    Is petrol actually good i thought that it would evaporate too quickly???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    That looks like the sort of thing. Just wanted to get a recommendation 'cause I tried a different 1 before and it was total s**t.
    Is petrol actually good i thought that it would evaporate too quickly???

Paraffin does a great job imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I know but is it completely necessary to wax as well?

Any recommendations on good wax that doesn't cost €€€€€€€€€

No no, if you're going to seal the blacklight with V7 then you won't need to seal it with wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Without going through the whole thread can someone recommend products for doing interior. A friend has just asked me to price someone to clean the inside of her car so i said i will do it and instead of paying someone that she buy good products and i'll do it and keep products as payment.
    Its a peugeot 307 and seats and carpets are very bad,heavy stained.plastics are sticky with sweets etc.Kids have destroyed it.

Also can someone recommend something for dash as we have been using autoglym vinly care on focus dash but is very shiny and when sun hits it,its hard to see out of window.

i got some flash apc with fabreez it tesco. 3 euro. mix it 50:50 with water in a spray bottle. i use it on the carpets and interior plastics. use a clothes brush to scrub it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Caught the machine polishing bug. :/

Kestrel DA arrived last week, just spent the last 2 hours trying out the different pads and polishes on the boot lid to see what works best. Lesson number one, BMW paint is THICK, they fairly lash the clear coat on E38s.

Anyways, a few before and after pics, very pleased with the results so far:

BEFORE:
    260320125561.jpg

BEFORE:
    260320125572.jpg

BEFORE:
    260320125583.jpg

HALF & HALF (right still not finished):
    260320125594.jpg

260320125616.jpg

260320125627.jpg

FINITO!
    270320125638.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

sean1141 wrote: »
    i got some flash apc with fabreez it tesco. 3 euro. mix it 50:50 with water in a spray bottle. i use it on the carpets and interior plastics. use a clothes brush to scrub it in.

Will this work on the seats? Have heard washing powder mixed will work,what do you think.Where in laois are you sean?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Saw that looks well, final stage for me I guess :cool:
    I hope it's the penultimate stage for you! Wax must go on after BL ;)
    No no, if you're going to seal the blacklight with V7 then you won't need to seal it with wax.

It is not essential to put anything over Blacklight.

Will this work on the seats? Have heard washing powder mixed will work,what do you think.Where in laois are you sean?
    It should work on the seats no problem. I have leather seats myself so I don't use it on them. I'm just outside mountrath!

Great results there Voodoomelon. What did you top it off with?

• Advertisement

Diluted APC works fine on seats.

@ Sean.
    I often give my leather seats a wipe down with diluted APC prior to treating them again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

vectra wrote: »

You do know who you're talking to, right? :D

@ Sean.
    I often give my leather seats a wipe down with diluted APC prior to treating them again

Will the apc lift heavy dirt and do i leave on for awhile?

You do know who you're talking to, right? :D

Yes,
    And I also know what I am talking about, right :D

Yes it will lift heavy dirt but to be honest if your seats are that dirty would will need a wet/dry machine to pull the dirty water out of them, otherwise it will only soak back in and possibly leave stains.

@ Sean.
    i didnt mean it would do any harm, just i dont use it thats all!

yup. spray a good bit on, leave for a min or two then give it a light mist again and scrub away then hover off. you might have to do it twice or three times depending on how ground in the dirt is. also depends on how good your hoover is:D

It's great to see so many people doing paint correction themselves these days. Before, it was either bring it to Andy or someone like that but the more people who post pictures here, the more people attempt it themselves.

Good on ya lads!

If anyone is interested in a group buy for the Kestrel D/A Complete kit, we can get it from CleanCar.ie for €175 if we get 10 people.

See it HERE

If anyone is interested in a group buy for the Kestrel D/A Complete kit, we can get it from CleanCar.ie for €175 if we get 10 people.

See it HERE

I would, are you interested in organising it? :p

I would, are you interested in organising it? :p

Looks like I've already taken it upon myself :o

Kestrel D/A Complete Kit:

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission

• Advertisement

Kestrel D/A Complete Kit:

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission

Thread in the main forum >>>>>>>>>>>>>

sean1141 wrote: »
    i didnt mean it would do any harm, just i dont use it thats all!

OH,#
    I understood you. I was just clarifying it for the OP ;)

Might fair better in the main motors forum?I can move it if you think.

See it HERE

I'd get 1 at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hollowlands

It is pretty hard to do any damage with the Kestrel but be careful with your pad choice, especially if you're working on Japanese paint. I managed to strike through on the bootlid of my Galant trying to get rid of a scratch.

Had been using an orange menzerna pad with Menzerna P085RD 3.02 but it didn't seem to be having an effect so switched to the white Menzerna pad and struck through very quickly. It was a sickening feeling to see the green paint transferred to the pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DetailerCork

hollowlands it could be overheating to the paint, easy to make this mistake if to long polishing in one place, higher temperature and greater pressure to the pad can do that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Few more updates on the polishing, wing done, bonnet not done.

w1.jpg

Entire side of the car complete:
    w2.jpg

Only the bonnet and roof left, thank the lord!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Much love for this car its a beauty!

I thought all glazes had to be sealed as they are not a protective layer at all? If it doesn't need to be sealed, why are some companies selling sealant along with BL in a package?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Few more updates on the polishing, wing done, bonnet not done....

Gorgeous car and gorgeous colour......some difference after the detail and I bet you thought your car was clean before you started!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement