Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a pabx

Options
  • 21-01-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi,

Is moving a pabx to a new premises on a new phone number (different exchange) as easy as plug and play? The number that it's currently attached to a pra number will be different in the new premised, no maintenance on the pabx and hoping to move it myself. Basically setting up in the new premises and attaching it to the new 'modem'

Thanks,

Chris.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Is it definitely a PRA i.e. blocks of 100 DDI numbers?
    (A FRA will have blocks of 10 DDI telephone numbers, BRA will have 2 individual telephone numbers)

What's the make/model PBX?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Do you have a maintenance contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

Definitely pra. No maintenance contract. Alcatel Omnipcx

Thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Are you moving to another area code (i.e. why can't you transfer the current PRA circuit DDI block to the new PRA circuit...?)

Have you DDI and hunting set up?
    e.g.
    01-777-1000 --> Reception - hunt group
    01-777-1001 --> Extension 1001
    01-777-1002 --> Extension 1002
    01-777-1003 --> Extension 1003 etc.

Do you have access to the PBX and login details to enter the configuration menus?

Advertisement