Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How far do you commute to work?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Galway to Athlone, 55 miles. about 55 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

From Tallaght to Swords via LUAS and 41C bus. Takes about one hour and fifty-five minutes in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

A 15 minute walk each way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 motthead

150 miles a day round trip, Moate to Dundrum every day. About 75mins in the morning if I leave home around 6 and roughly 90mins home in the evening. I come by Kinnegad in the mornings to avoid the toll. Prob use €400 diesel a month and €60+ a month on tolls. If the government push ahead with the idea of increasing the cost of fuel and abolishing road tax i'll really be screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭I_AmThe_Walrus

I use my cape. I have many of them and in a variety of colours. Today, I wore my superman cape. I wear my capes depending on how I feel that day. I also try to colour code my capes. On Friday night, I wore my batman cape. It got me into town pretty nifty. The only problem is if my neighbour looks in my window and sees my cape...it kind of ruins the batman fantasy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

It depends where I am but my regular trek is 48 miles door to door.

Roughly a 1 hour drive each way but can be hour and a half plus on a Friday if traffics not moving... so 3 hours a day in the car on a Friday is not unheard off... pints well deserved after that! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

31 miles......50 mins.....each way, no traffic. Thankfully I never really hit any traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

fakeaccent wrote: »
    Could easily cost that or more if you're paying for petrol plus toll fares twice a day. Going through the M50 is 2 euro a pop even with a tag. That's €20 a week before you've even filled the tank.

Who is this guy?? :confused: eh did you not get the memo? there's only room for one fake body in these parts ye hear! Your kind ain't welcome round hare! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Commuted from Drogheda to Bray for the best part of a year and really didnt think much of it at the time.

A few weeks ago, I went to bray for the airshow and couldnt beleive I'd done that drive 10 times a week:eek:

25 min drive now:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

12,592 miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

On Friday night, I wore my batman cape. It got me into town pretty nifty. The only problem is if my neighbour looks in my window and sees my cape...it kind of ruins the batman fantasy.

Batman can't fly!
    Who is this guy?? :confused: eh did you not get the memo? there's only room for one fake body in these parts ye hear! Your kind ain't welcome round hare! :p

An accent is not a body part!

*sighs with pedantic relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fakeaccent

You threatenin' me boy? :eek:

You threatenin' me boy? :eek:

Anyone can fake an accent but it's not so easy to fake arms! Know your place :cool:

Anyone can fake an accent but it's not so easy to fake arms! Know your place :cool:

I'd like to see you fight back with fake arms, buuuuuddy :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

75 miles each way, about an hour and 20 minutes driving

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think I win.

I just started a new job in Athlone, got my apartment and all sorted. It takes me between 45-55 seconds to get to work from my apartment. It's literally out the door, across the road and an extremely short stroll into the place.

Ironically, it seems I've put on 20lbs in the last 2 weeks :(

I'd like to see you fight back with fake arms, buuuuuddy :cool:

you obviously havent had a coked up armless man swinging wildly at you with nothing but mad contempt, I go old school, headbutts, groin strikes, biting, hair pulling and did I mention groin strikes :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Finnegans bus to the dart (Bray)
    Dart to Tara St
    Tara St to office 2 mins walk

Dart to Bray
    Good lady wife and car Dart to house

Watch TV shows (The Shield, The Wire, IT Crowd etc) on the iPad on the way in and out

Quite a pleasant journey

R

you obviously havent had a coked up armless man swinging wildly at you with nothing but mad contempt, I go old school, headbutts, groin strikes, biting, hair pulling and did I mention groin strikes :cool:

:eek: You wouldn't strike a lady in the groin surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

around 7 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

170 miles round trip 3 days per week. 50 miles the other 2 days.

Once a month I have to do a 250 mile round trip.

:eek: You wouldn't strike a lady in the groin surely?

Oh your a women... well then there's plenty of hair pulling in store for you! Mostly biting, chewing and digesting of hair on my part because of my fake arms :(

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

At the moment: 4 minutes
    Next month: 40 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭I_AmThe_Walrus

Finnegans bus to the dart (Bray)
    Dart to Tara St
    Tara St to office 2 mins walk

Dart to Bray
    Good lady wife and car Dart to house

Watch TV shows (The Shield, The Wire, IT Crowd etc) on the iPad on the way in and out

Quite a pleasant journey

R

You live in Wicklow?

My condolences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

WHAT!!! 450!!! -- surely not??
    Fraid so... In fairness that's probably including any driving I do on the weekends but I don't really use the car except during the week.
    wyndham wrote: »
    Thats crazy. Could you not get the Dart to Malahide and bus over? Or keep a bike between the dart station and work and cycle there.
    It'd take a lot longer and be a lot more effort.
    I do have a motorbike that I use a couple of days a week, it makes it a good bit cheaper.. Less petrol and no toll.
    €450 a month??? I have a 190km round trip every day and I don't think it costs that much.
    Well my car is a 2Ltr Turbo, and I could probably drive it a bit more economically at times :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

35K each way, Meath side of Swords to citywest. Started traveling by 125scooter when the roadworks were at their worst on the M50 which saved me a gangyload of time. Now that I don't have to pay toll it looks like I'll be sticking to the bike (apart from weather ala last december) in the future.

Bike and car take roughly the same time (depending on traffic) but filtering does save me a lot of time around the Blanch exit and Naas road, journey time of around 35mins normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

You live in Wicklow?

My condolences.

I may live in Wicklow but my heart's in Blanch.

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Wazdakka wrote: »
    It'd take a lot longer and be a lot more effort.
    I do have a motorbike that I use a couple of days a week, it makes it a good bit cheaper.. Less petrol and no toll.
    How long does it take you? Cycling all the way should take about 45 min to 1h depending on fitness.

12k commute for me. Cycling is easily the quickest way in and takes 25-30 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

30secs..out the cabin door and into the control Room!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Work from home most days, so about five seconds from my bed to my office :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement