Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Even been glad that someone is dead?

• 04-04-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Just found out recently that a person i went to school with was killed in an accident

The guy was about three years ahead of me and i hated him with a passion

He seemed to have it in for me, always picking on me, embarrassing me in front of others, physically attacking me and reducing me to tears on more than one occassion

Its been a few years since i left school and to be honest when i heard about the accident, i was glad the ****er is dead.

has anyone else here felt the same way?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yip, a little weasel, i went to school but i am not sure this is a PI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

How is this a PI?

But tbh i have never hated anyone enough to rejoice when they are dead.

I was relieved however when my father passed away as its was the end of a long and debilitating illness.

Such hatred of another to the extent you describe is corrosive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

giftgrub wrote: »
    Just found out recently that a person i went to school with was killed in an accident

The guy was about three years ahead of me and i hated him with a passion

He seemed to have it in for me, always picking on me, embarrassing me in front of others, physically attacking me and reducing me to tears on more than one occassion

Its been a few years since i left school and to be honest when i heard about the accident, i was glad the ****er is dead.

has anyone else here felt the same way?

No, remember they were somebodys Son, Brother, Uncle, Cousin, Grandson etc...

And to be glad he is dead is to be glad of the hurt they are feeling.

I dont believe you should be feeling any sense of grief, or sadness but try and remember the above. Sometimes you cant help how you feel, but it seems very heartless to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I don't believe the dead should be ridiculed regardless of one's personal feelins. Dancing on people'ss graves should not be encouraged- everyone has loved one's and is some mother's son- thread reported.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement