Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3.1 trooper vacuum

• 26-02-2015 4:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭

anyone have a 3.1 trooper around meath area. i have problems with the vacuum pipes and need to compare it to another one. these things are getting scarce now and its proving hard to track one down that's in one piece.

thanks in advance:D:D:D:D:D

DD

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

What vacuam problems have you, you can really simplify it as if you have egrs blanked off you can get rid of alot of pipes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

This any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭DirtyDiesels

cheers for that but ive hooked it up that way allready and no luck. it was all working fine until i blanked the EGR's and done away with some of the piping. Then i started replacing some of the tubes and before long i had them all mixed up. that diagram does not show the green/blue VSV next to the drivers side bulkhead? Other than that its straight-forward

What's the problem ? Have you recently blanked egrs

ye and the 4wd doesnt engage now.

• Advertisement

I'll try get some pics up of mine up tomorrow , how did you get in with the pipe under the inter cooler did the bolts undo ok ?

ye no issues. was a really quick upgrade. plenty of extra power and slightly better mpg afterwards.

great if you can get me a few pics.thanks

Did you follow back the vacuam line from the front axle and see is it attached to the main line?

There was no need to have interfered with the vac lines to blank off the egr, some think blocking off the vacuam pipe to the egr is the correct procedure but is incorrect. The egr may be partially open.
    Proper way is to make up or buy a blanking plate.

• Advertisement

hi

i made blanking plates. i removed both egrs and replaced with blanking plates and blanked the return exhaust also. Everything is fine on the front axle, nothing was touched down there. basically there are no vacuum pipes connected under the bonnet now. im starting from scratch again as ive had them connected up every which way and any and no luck.

any luck with a few pics of your yoke UBS69??

All you need do now is join the vac pipe from the axle to the one coming off the banjo bolt at the back of the alternator.

The small pipe that looks like a vac pipe that goes onto top of injector pump is not part of the vac system, that pipe goes back to the inlet main pipes.

Advertisement