Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alone

• 05-04-2008 5:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I dont really know where to start so i will just type so please baer with me.

I am 30 years old a guy who's life is mixed up and if for want of another word crap.
    I have had serious health issues in the past,hada a major operation last year and health is looking ok for now. Relationshipwise i have had one long term relationship in the past and it was great while it lasted,but right now i am alone.
    Ihave a small family and am not really close to them.I do have friends some very close ones. But i see them getting on with their lives and i dont wanna tell them how i feel.I feel alone and to be honest it hurts i dont want to be alone. I had untill earlier this week a female friend that i considerd close,even told each other we loved each other,but as things turn out we will never be together.
    I am so unhappy and alone i really do think (and its not the first time i tought this) but sometimes i feel that i would be better off if i just ended it,its only the tought of my mother finding me dead that i dont have the guts to do it,and i mean kill myself.

Sorry if this the above comes across as selfish but i just wanted to type it .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

Pick up the phone friend and ring someone. The samaritans for example.
    You are unique in this world and life is an amazing gift. There is plenty of help out there and great people. Please dont become a stat.
    Your worth it.
    God bless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I agree with Mulan, contact info; email jo@samaritans.org or dial 1850-609090. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

Talk to your friends about how you feel.
    If they are really your friends they will care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Phantom

Dude, dont give up. Life can be **** at times. I know from experience. I wont go into all the details but I lost my mam, and my autie who lived very close took care of us, then she died a month later. I know life can suck but its amazing how fast things can turn around. My life now is amazing, and although I know there are going to be bad days ahead, I know that there is always a way through the bad times.

Just hang in there man. I swear things will get better, and when they do this rough patch will be a stupid memory.

Good luck bud.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

What you're going through is all too common. About 50% of all males under 35 will experience this same mindset at some point. Feeling isolated and alone unfortunately makes you less likely to become proactive to overcome it. But the good news is that it passes. Do you live alone? If so, do you go out often? My advice to get you on your way to overcoming this is to take up other activities that will undoubtedly see you making more friends... join the gym, go to bingo, etc. Try to stop on a one-track mind thinking about how alone you are, and do things to prevent the feeling consuming you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Please talk to your friends,how can they help if they dont know how you are feeling,they are your friends and they will understand.Please stay in touch if you feel down just type in here,if we care your friends will care even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Corkgirl21

I agree with everyone who said to ring the samaritans.

I also think you should talk to your friends. It's in times like these you start to second guess everything and worry about how they will react because of how you're feeling now. You start to question whether they would care or not. This is based on how you feel, not how they feel, they would probably be really concerned but glad you confided in them, if a friend confided in me like that it would make me happy that they would consider me a good enough friend and i think it would make us even closer.

In my experience, friends often only need to hear that something is wrong to really step up and help you out. Like holly said they will understand and if people you've never met can care about how you're doing on the strength of one post then people who've known you for a long time will really care.

So call the samaritans if you want to talk to someone and then give one of your friends a call and meet up for a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mattyboy20

Hey man, you sound really down. You're obviously extremely depressed. You need to do two things: get some Prozac off the doctor and buy a book called The Feeling Good Handbook. The combination of these two really helped me. The book I mentioned is not a self help book, it is far better than that. If you're embarrassed to see your doctor about getting medication, don't be. It's not embarrassing at all telling him/her you're depressed. They're very understanding and if you tell them you're suicidal they'll write you the prescription immediately. Hope this helps. And seriously, buy the book, it will change your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mattyboy20 wrote: »
    You're obviously extremely depressed. You need to do two things: get some Prozac off the doctor and buy a book called The Feeling Good Handbook.
    Nice diagnosis and prescription there - not. :(

OP, talk to your GP about your feelings.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement