Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girl Advice

• 03-04-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

Recently I met a girl at a party, she is a friend of a friend. We got along very well and stayed up all night talking. After the party I talked to her a bit on facebook and recently asked if she wanted to meet up again for a drink. She agreed to meet up for a drink but then said she would invite X along too (X being our mutual friend). I was kind of asking her on a date, by inviting our friend along is she saying she is not interested or do I still have reason to be optimistic?

Cheers
    Anto

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd say she's just playing this one safe for her own sake - Wise tbh. Do you really think it's wise/safe for a girl to meet up with someone they met at a party (possibly drunk?), talked with for a short amount of time and then online, on a 1 to 1 basis?

If you ask me, she's wise - with the way things are these days, she's just being cautious (imo). Go along with it this time, after that you should have no problems i'd say. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Agreed - it's just added security on her part. Once she gets to know you better, she'll relaxs a bit and meet you one on one. If she wasn't interested, she'd have made an excuse not to go at all, so yes - remain optimistic!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Yes you still have every reason to be optimistic. Taking a friend takes the pressure off her. Stay positive, she has agreed to meet you so all you need to do is make sure you look hot to trot:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yep Ive seen that one before: nothing to worry about OP, youve still got your chance. you might want to bring a friend of your own to take the pressure off actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Overheal wrote: »
    Yep Ive seen that one before: nothing to worry about OP, youve still got your chance. you might want to bring a friend of your own to take the pressure off actually.

Make sure he's ugly too!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement