Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you suffer from Roadrage? If so what pushes your buttons?

• 17-12-2012 2:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

In the last yr or so I think my level of roadrage hs 1000% increasedThings that really annoy me area) People driving r slow in fastlanes]b) People driving on my ass,espically in wet conditionsI have no problem flashing somebody if they are going r r slow in a fastlane when they should be in the fastlane.It is ignorant but I dont care( Im a rebel)When somebody is sitting on my ass I dunno how to alert them to back offI love a good beep of the horn when somebody does something v v v stupidDo you suffer from roadrage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

sfwcork wrote: »
    In the last yr or so I think my level of roadrage hs 1000% increasedThings that really annoy me area) People driving r slow in fastlanes]b) People driving on my ass,espically in wet conditionsI have no problem flashing somebody if they are going r r slow in a fastlane when they should be in the fastlane.It is ignorant but I dont care( Im a rebel)When somebody is sitting on my ass I dunno how to alert them to back offI love a good beep of the horn when somebody does something v v v stupidDo you suffer from roadrage?

Things that make me mad on the roads are IDIOTS!
    Correct lane use
    There’s no such thing as a ‘fast lane’ on a motorway. Traffic should always cruise in the left hand lane. The right hand lane is for overtaking other vehicles; it’s also used when approaching a slip road in order to let traffic join the motorway from the left. On a three-lane or multi-lane motorway the same rules apply. Keep to the left as much as possible. Traffic should never be in the right-hand lane on motorways if the left hand lane is clear.

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Membership/Members-Advice/AA-Guide-to-Safe-Motorway-driving.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

overtaking lane so.That desnt mean you cruise along in the overtaking lane overtaking invisable cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Road rage ? No.
    But I get pis&ed off with people doing stupid or dangerous stuff.
    That includes people who no so little about our motorway system that they actually think there is a "fast-lane"!

Things that make me mad on the roads are IDIOTS!
    How does getting mad help you travel safely and comfortably to your destination?

• Advertisement

wrote:
    WileyCoyote
    But I get pis&ed off with people doing stupid or dangerous stuff.
    That includes people who no so little about our motorway system that they actually think there is a "fast-lane"!

haha. love the way how you pick up on my description but yet to fail to mention the motorists cruising along at 50kph passing invisible cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

BUSRAGE is the the new cool thing.

Get your bag off the seat you fool!
    Gah! Get up the stairs and stop blocking the walkway - there's seats upstairs you IDIOTS!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

And so on and so forth....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

what about someone walking on the pavement 3 yards ahead of you at exactly the same speed, for some reason that's annoying

or Westmoreland St, pretty much at any time of the day

• Site Banned Posts: 29 Nailin4Whales

I'm usually a very calm driver. Even if I'm in a massive rush and every fecker seems to be driving terribly slow I manage to get over it and stay reasonably calm. but there is one thing that absolutely boils my blood and that is..

the sight of a clamper. some young little jumped up gobsh1te with a hi-vis jacket standing out on the middle of the road with a camera taking pictures of his clamping handiwork. I am always so tempted to mow the little shit off the road but then I think of how terrible it must be for his parents that he has chosen such a low-life bottom feeding career that revolves around making other people's lives a misery. So I have to settle for veering in close to him and giving a good blast of the horn when i'm mere inches away from him.

They got rid of clampers in Cork so it doesn't happen so much anymore but fcuk it these lads are real scum of the earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I try to obey the road laws. I drive within the speed limits, follow the traffic lights, etc.

But as soon as someone bumps into my car I go on a killing spree with the rocket launcher and get a 5 star wanted level in no time.

Traffic in Liberty City is murder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

No but guilty of getting pissed off sometimes but generally let other drivers do as they please, if they want to overtake me then i let them, if the are sitting on my bumper i will pull over and let them pass.
    I drive too much to let muppets on the roads annoy me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

People not using their indicators pisses me off greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

people who drive in the middle lane of a motorway when there's nothing in the inside lane.

people who flash when you're in the overtaking lane...when I'm oovertaking...get over yourself.

people who don't indicate when turning off the road...or people who pull out in front of me expecting me to do all the work to avoid an accident they dont care about causing...will always honk for that one.

but the one the kills me is people on the phone while driving...I hate it.

wrote:
    Nailin4Whales
    I'm usually a very calm driver. Even if I'm in a massive rush and every fecker seems to be driving terribly slow I manage to get over it and stay reasonably calm. but there is one thing that absolutely boils my blood and that is..

the sight of a clamper. some young little jumped up gobsh1te with a hi-vis jacket standing out on the middle of the road with a camera taking pictures of his clamping handiwork. I am always so tempted to mow the little **** off the road but then I think of how terrible it must be for his parents that he has chosen such a low-life bottom feeding career that revolves around making other people's lives a misery. So I have to settle for veering in close to him and giving a good blast of the horn when i'm mere inches away from him.

They got rid of clampers in Cork so it doesn't happen so much anymore but fcuk it these lads are real scum of the earth.

god you really hate clampers. did you secretely pply for the job and got refused?

• Site Banned Posts: 29 Nailin4Whales

god you really hate clampers. did you secretely pply for the job and got refused?

No. Never been clamped either or even got a parking fine but I still think clampers are the dog's bollix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

I hate old people who stop the car in order to turn left . The car can move and turn at the same time .
    If Im hungover driving can make me very angry . I was close to ramming some fecker who had to reverse into a car parking space and hold up about twelve cars while proving he could do such a thing .
    Really I was going to ram him Id to count to ten and convince myself not to .
    Yes op I suffer from road rage sorry for the rant .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No. Never been clamped either or even got a parking fine but I still think clampers are the dog's bollix

I think you've misinterpreted the meaning of the dog's bollix. You should be clamped for that =p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

I drive a moped around Dublin.

I moved into the bicycle lane one day a couple of weeks ago in traffic. Dude on bike "you f'ucking stupid ****ing c'unt. this is a ****ing bicycle lane you twat c'unt". Ok, technically shouldn't have been in the bicycle lane but I thought this was a little bit extreme in terms of language.

So I weave through the traffic and catch up with him at a set of lights, determined to give this jumped up git a piece of my mind.

Me: "heh, what''s your prolem"

Cyclist: "this is a bicycle lane you ****ing twat c'unt. you're not supposed to drive in here"

Me: "and that gives you the right to abuse me from behind when I'm driving in traffic yeah?"

Cyclist: "well, wouldn't be the first time you were abused from behind you stupid c'unt *sneerface"

Me: "....em...blubber"

Bastard handed me my ass.

Moral? Avoid road rage - you'll feel like a total tit for days.

(ps if you are that cyclist. you're an ignorant c'unt)

People tootling along in the middle lane of the motorway while the driving lane is empty. Or the far overtaking lane. Who are you overtaking! gtfo!
    People deciding they have every entitlement to be in the overtaking lane regardless of their slow speed and just will not move.
    People pulling in front of me (with or without indicators) and cutting off any and all safety distance on a wet road.
    People trying to merge onto a motorway of 100/120 limit by doing 50.
    Aghhhhh!
    :mad::mad:

People who get annoyed or pissed off while driving are as a big a menace on the road as incompetent drivers. I'm surprised at some of you tbh.

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    People tootling along in the middle lane of the motorway while the driving lane is empty. Or the far overtaking lane. Who are you overtaking! gtfo!
    People deciding they have every entitlement to be in the overtaking lane regardless of their slow speed and just will not move.
    People pulling in front of me (with or without indicators) and cutting off any and all safety distance on a wet road.
    People trying to merge onto a motorway of 100/120 limit by doing 50.
    Aghhhhh!
    :mad::mad:

Driving must be some ordeal for you. Put on some music relax and let the world go on ahead on its own, less stressful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Growing sense of annoyance at the increasing amount of morons who through stupidity/arrogance/sense-of-entitlement no longer feel the need to indicate when entering/exiting a roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

People not using indicators pisses me right off, but, but, people driving around at night with just their parking lights on really f&£*ing get's on my f$&*ing tits, turn your f&^£ing dipped head lights on you cúnt.

I think we get the message loud and clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Its not too often that I suffer from road Rage,but when people do silly things that can cause accidents, that's when I get pissed! :) People using the wrong lanes on roundabouts and cutting you off while you're going around, fools! I was also undertaken on a by pass. I was going the 100kmph and tHe car swung in onto the hard shoulder and put the boot down!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Roundabouts. For goodness sake, can people please learn to drive on them? From lane discipline to using indicators some drivers I think just close their eyes and hope for the best.

Oh yeah, by the way. Those mini roundabouts we see a lot of today are still roundabouts, with the same rules as bigger ones. WHY DO PEOPLE STOP ON THEM WHEN TURNING RIGHT? Would they stop in a big roundabout? Bloody nightmare.

HondaSami wrote: »
    Driving must be some ordeal for you. Put on some music relax and let the world go on ahead on its own, less stressful.

No, I love driving. But occasionally you get self-absorbed idiots on the road, and I don't see what's wrong with having a problem with them. It's also pretty dangerous to be stuck behind someone trying to merge at half the speed of passing traffic - no room to accelerate properly yourself. Knock on effect of drivers actually on the motorway quickly pulling over or braking to match them, which is again, dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Things that really annoy me area

Your special area?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BidillyBo

One of the only things that could nearly cause me to go on a rampage is when if your coming up to a t junction with lights and are going right to get onto the main road. you get the light to go right and some thick fcuker in front of you goes right and then stops at the lights that are telling the people on the main road to stop so you can go. seen it a good few times really shouldn't be anywhere near a car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fúckers that drive around in their Chelsea tractors that don't dip their headlights. Just because you sit above me in your 4x4 that has not ever seen a field it gives you the right to blind me?

I will be the one laughing when you negative equity house is repossessed. Tossers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

When I stop the car because someone on a roundabout has right of way . Then they turn off at the first exit without indicating .

I had to stop the car for you . Your indicator could have told me I didnt need to .

Roundabouts in general if I ever killsomeone itll be at a roundabout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Nothing worse than some pr*ck beeping at you at some complicated roundabout with many lanes early in the morning when you've a sore head and you're hungover as fu<k from the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I never get it though one time i was making an illegal right turn on the alphie Byrne road, if anyone knows it you have to wait for it to be clear to go and as i was waiting the car behind me the man kept his hand on the horn for over a minute and when i looked behind in the rear view he was going red and berating me. Very funny and i was going to get out and ask what his problem was to wind him up but i didn't incase i got a slap.

Don't know why anybody would get so worked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Here are some instructions because people in general do not understand them, and this in part is due to bad teaching or basic awareness.

GOING LEFT
    You go into the left lane, you indicate well in advance that you intend to turn left. Once you have a free gap, procceed onto the round about (left indicator STILL ON), and you turn off

GOING STRAIGHT ON
    You go into the LEFT lane (unless otherwise indicated). You do not use indicators when approaching the round about. Once you have a free gap, procceed onto the round about. The moment you pass the first exit (or the exit just before your exit), INDICATE LEFT to alert road users waiting to get onto the round about, that you are turning off on the next exit.

GOING RIGHT
    You go into the right lane, You indicate well in advance that you intend to turn right on the round about (that's the RIGHT indicator). Once you have a free gap, procceed onto the round about on the inside lane (still indicating right remember!), once you pass the second exit (or the exit just before your exit), you change the indicators from right, to LEFT. You then proceed to turn off the round about on your indicated exit.

wrote:
    Where To
    Strictly No Credit

People who get annoyed or pissed off while driving are as a big a menace on the road as incompetent drivers. I'm surprised at some of you tbh.

so the person getting pissed off is more of a danger than the person causing the problem from irresponsible or just plain stupid driving

You must be trolling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Yes i have been bad at it in the past. I now practice not getting annoyed with even the most ridiculous behaviour on the road so when something happens that angers me i won't react. Otherwise i react very badly to things. So i now try to not react to anything.

People pulling out in front of me and i have to slow down is a major one for me. People not indicating is another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

people not using their indicators when making a turn.
    People not turning of their indicators after making said turn.
    People not using the overtaking lanes properly and continually driving in the overtaking lane, under the speed limit.
    People who pull out in front of me and dont speed up. I dont mind you pulling out in front of me so long as you quickly proceed to the speed suitable for that road.
    People who don't dip their lights!
    People who drive around with a bulb blown and to compensate use their full headlights instead. What you think is a motorbike coming towards you on a narrow country road is actually some chap in a range rover. Light bulbs arent that dear mate!
    So yeah I get annoyed very easily when driving but i just let it go by just calling them an eejit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

1. I'll always do my best to use the correct lanes. So get off my ass or I'll just drive slower.

2. A Taxi light on top of your car does not give you permission to randomly stop wherever the fcuk you feel like it.

These two things project Dr. Jeckylilililil type feelings....or however you spell it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

People who can't punctuate and use stupid text speak when they type on internet forums.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Scortho wrote: »
    People not using the overtaking lanes properly and continually driving in the overtaking lane, under the speed limit.
    People who pull out in front of me and dont speed up. I dont mind you pulling out in front of me so long as you quickly proceed to the speed suitable for that road.
    People who drive around with a bulb blown and to compensate use their full headlights instead. What you think is a motorbike coming towards you on a narrow country road is actually some chap in a range rover. Light bulbs arent that dear mate!
    So yeah I get annoyed very easily when driving but i just let it go by just calling them an eejit!
    Scortho wrote: »

people posting the same f*cking thing twice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I want to see 3 penalty points for not using your indicator.

I actualy had road rage against me few weeks ago and I still dont understand his problem.

I was driving along up the narrow northside street.Light went amber and no way was I going to make it so I Breaked.I saw an a$$hole taxi driver shaking hi head in my mirror.He then proceeds to reverse and pull into the left lane.We were n the lane to turn right to another street

I see him pulling down his drivers window so I pull down my passengers

Taxi driver" You should have made that you f@cking a&&hole
    me"What the fck is your problem.Last time I checked taxi drivers are suppose to be responsible drivers you fool"

He was in such a rage he then drove off while the light was still red sticking his fingers out the window

I think he was surprised that Iactually stood up to him

Gave me aright giggle.If he wanted to dance I had no issue dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 47 YanisSprunks

When the ass in on coming traffic doesnt turn off full beam`s. wanna get out and punch a cat .

so the person getting pissed off is more of a danger than the person causing the problem from irresponsible or just plain stupid driving

You must be trolling
    Of course they are.

If you can't keep calm, focused, and concentrate on what you are doing, you are a danger on the road, like it or not.

You'll also notice I said as big, not bigger.

My cat beats up my dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

BidillyBo wrote: »
    One of the only things that could nearly cause me to go on a rampage is when if your coming up to a t junction with lights and are going right to get onto the main road. you get the light to go right and some thick fcuker in front of you goes right and then stops at the lights that are telling the people on the main road to stop so you can go. seen it a good few times really shouldn't be anywhere near a car

This does my head in you see this all the time in sandycove. Also people who sit in the overtaking lane thinking because they are doing 5Km below the speed limit they are perfectly entitled to stay there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

When the ass in on coming traffic doesnt turn off full beam`s. wanna get out and punch a cat .
    What I find hilarious is people driving behind you, like right behind you, with their full lights on.then when a car comes towards us,they dim,then put them back on again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Does beeping the horn count as road rage? If so I do that a bit when people pull out in front of me. Apart from that I don't get too much rage but I do get annoyed at a lot of the same stuff being mentioned here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

1. People who suffer from roadrage
    2. People who use the terms "driving lane" and "overtaking lane".

• Advertisement
Advertisement