Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Kelly shot dead

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

What will Nidge have to say about this ??

That he didn't mean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

So I take it when they say he was in the Ira he was actually a bank robber that paid protection to the ira .?
    he was nothing to do with the IRA on any level, he was involved with the Official IRA in the 80's. Gilmore will have a minute silence in the Dáil tomorrow for his former colleague

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

realies wrote: »
    Anyone else asking themselves just quiet how thick these 'crimebosses' really are when they go wandering around the place even though they know full well that they are targets and in this guys case there was a previous attempt to kill him in the exact same spot two years ago!

he was killed outside his house, same place the other attempt was made on him where the gun jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

he was killed outside his house, same place the other attempt was made on him where the gun jammed.
    And he stayed there after that? Unless one has more balls than sense, that's a pretty unambiguous indication that one should consider relocation ... :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Anyone else asking themselves just quiet how thick these 'crimebosses' really are when they go wandering around the place even though they know full well that they are targets and in this guys case there was a previous attempt to kill him in the exact same spot two years ago!

The prisons are overflowing for a reason!Most of these guys are as thick as two short planks.If you want to arrest/kill any of them you just sit outside the girlfriends/mothers/gym at the usual time and wait.They are creatures of habit usually.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am sure he had credible threats on his life and notified by gardai of them, He should have taken better safety precautions,Its a vicious circle all this killing and know good what so ever comes out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭trashcan

I only remembered because tony felloni's got a rhyming name :D

I can't see or hear that name without singing it to myself to the tune of "only the lonely" by Roy Orbison :)

I am sure he had credible threats on his life and notified by gardai of them, He should have taken better safety precautions,Its a vicious circle all this killing and know good what so ever comes out of it.

I don't know about that.All this tit for tat gets rid of a lot of criminals permanently for little cost to the taxpayer:D

repsol wrote: »
    The prisons are overflowing for a reason!Most of these guys are as thick as two short planks.If you want to arrest/kill any of them you just sit outside the girlfriends/mothers/gym at the usual time and wait.They are creatures of habit usually.:rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous,If it was as simple as that we wouldn't have any crime or criminals,ps most of the criminals in prison would be well down the pecking order,There are very few major Dublin criminals doing serious time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭kirving

Was it armed guards that got them or just the normal lads?

Armed apparently. Just happenned to be in the area it seems.

• Advertisement

Don't be ridiculous,If it was as simple as that we wouldn't have any crime or criminals,ps most of the criminals in prison would be well down the pecking order,There are very few major Dublin criminals doing serious time.

Nothing ridiculous about it.Arresting someone is easy.Getting a conviction with all the legal loopholes is the hard part.There are very many Major Dublin criminals pushing up daisies,which proves my point.

I don't know about that.All this tit for tat gets rid of a lot of criminals permanently for little cost to the taxpayer:D

Tell that to the families of Donna Cleary, Paddy Mooney, Anthony Campbell, Melanie McCarthy McNamara, Glen Murphy and Mark Noonan to name but a few.

bnt wrote: »
    And he stayed there after that? Unless one has more balls than sense, that's a pretty unambiguous indication that one should consider relocation ... :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't he? It was his home.

Why wouldn't he? It was his home.

In fairness if you are involved in serious crime and your life has been threaten as well as an assassination attempt already you I would certainly reconsider where I was staying,He had to know this might/would happen.

Tell that to the families of Donna Cleary, Paddy Mooney, Anthony Campbell, Melanie McCarthy McNamara, Glen Murphy and Mark Noonan to name but a few.

I didn't say it was all good.I just disagreed with the opinion that no good came out of gangsters getting shot.Obviously innocent bystanders getting killed is terrible.Donna Cleary was not killed because of anything to do with a gangland dispute,so I fail to see why you mention her.She was killed by some lowlife who was refused entry to a house party and fired into a house full of people.She was just unfortunate( said lowlife died subsequently in a cell in Coolock Garda station).I am familiar also with the case of the young plumber who was shot during the Marlo Hyland killing.I am not familiar with anyone else you mentioned

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

Should have shot the editor

I bet you the fella bought the gun with our money on the dole

I didn't say it was all good.I just disagreed with the opinion that no good came out of gangsters getting shot.Obviously innocent bystanders getting killed is terrible.Donna Cleary was not killed because of anything to do with a gangland dispute,so I fail to see why you mention her.She was killed by some lowlife who was refused entry to a house party and fired into a house full of people.She was just unfortunate( said lowlife died subsequently in a cell in Coolock Garda station).I am familiar also with the case of the young plumber who was shot during the Marlo Hyland killing.I am not familiar with anyone else you mentioned

Well maybe you should be more familiar with the Innocent victims of gangland then maybe you wont be saying... All this tit for tat gets rid of a lot of criminals permanently for little cost to the taxpayer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

The shooting came just hours after an unrelated incident in the north inner city today when a 21-year-old suspected member of the Real IRA was caught with a pistol in a car when the vehicle was stopped and searched by the Special Detective Unit and Emergency Response Unit.

Yea the ERU just happened to be floating around lol

Wait till he's shot then we'll get he lads who done it the guards here can't do a thing with out getting tipped off

In fairness if you are involved in serious crime and your life has been threaten as well as an assassination attempt already you I would certainly reconsider where I was staying,He had to know this might/would happen.

maybe he did, we wont know til the gards or someone else says so though. I remember yer man martin foley was warned a heap of times by the gards to watch his back and well.. that guy is a bullet magnet :D

I really ****ing hate the Irish media. "Godfather"? Please.

• Advertisement

Well maybe you should be more familiar with the Innocent victims of gangland then maybe you wont be saying... All this tit for tat gets rid of a lot of criminals permanently for little cost to the taxpayer...

Why would I want to familiarize myself with gangland killings? I might make it my specialized subject at the next pub quiz.You seem to think you are an authority on the subject,yet you included Donna Cleary whose killing was not gang related.Seems to me you need to do some homework if you are going to start naming innocent people.I do not consider someone who has links to major criminal gangs and is in a relationship with a criminal to be an innocent victim either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

tang1 wrote: »
    Brother of the carpet man.

The guards think it was rug related .

Storm 10 wrote: »
    AGS are always clued up when its the likes of this.
    Wils110 wrote: »
    Yea the ERU just happened to be floating around lol

Wait till he's shot then we'll get he lads who done it the guards here can't do a thing with out getting tipped off

Sure yer man Ryan was meant to be under surveillance by the branch, took til last week for an arrest didn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I really ****ing hate the Irish media. "Godfather"? Please.

Prime Time are calling him that now too. Biggest gangster killing since Martin Cahill a Sunday Times reporter said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

They caught someone with a gun today . Thought it was someone on the way to kill this fella .
    Id wonder is there a connection with this and the garda being on the scene . Did the garda know then let it happen then arrest the baddies or were they meant to stop it happening and fooked it up .

There could be a martin cahill conspiracy theory in there somewere..

They caught someone with a gun today . Thought it was someone on the way to kill this fella .
    Id wonder is there a connection with this and the garda being on the scene . Did the garda know then let it happen then arrest the baddies or were they meant to stop it happening and fooked it up .

Murder=loads of Garda overtime for Xmas
    Preventing a murder=pat on the back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I have just moved to Dublin and am living in Clontarf as I was told it was a safe area but already have had my car broken inot and now this happens just down the road from me.I thought Clontarf had a good name...Scary stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aciiiiiiiiiiid

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    The guards think it was rug related .

Think you mean "drug" related, not rug.

• Advertisement

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I have just moved to Dublin and am living in Clontarf as I was told it was a safe area but already have had my car broken inot and now this happens just down the road from me.I thought Clontarf had a good name...Scary stuff

In fairness, it is a good area. Ye probably wont have anything happen there again for years after this mess.

Advertisement