Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eamon Kelly shot dead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

lol.. you seem utterly desperate to get an argument going on this point.
    lol...not really. I don't think there's an argument to be made, it's pretty irrefutable.

If I wanted a pointless argument, I'd be back on the evolution thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Biggins wrote: »

"Godfather", "Mob Boss" :rolleyes: Is he the Irish counterpart of John "The dapper don" Gotti ?

God I hate Paul Williams.

A drug dealer who spent many years in prison. Why have most of us never heard of him before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

smash wrote: »
    Ireland's most notorious criminal.... never heard of him myself.

I wonder did he know nidge and John Boy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If you never heard of him then he must be doing something right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

Rug related lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

ludeen wrote: »
    Is Paul williams the Chuck Norris of journalism ?:eek:

No. Chuck Norris never had Garda protection (at taxpayers expense) or had everyone who lives on his street evacuated during the night because of a bomb scare.Williams always throws in a few "me and Veronica" statements when he is on TV etc to try and big himself up as a tough guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

Yeah I hadn't heard of him until now. Most notorious eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yes, on one thread we had a load of people defending a scumbag, on the other thread we don't.

Which one was which, do you reckon?

Monty, Monty, its the teensy weensy things like facts that you seem to be missing, not that we should let them get in the way of a good mouth frothing.

Mr Ryan has convictions for attending terrorism summer school and possesion of a firearm. Regardless of what you think of the RIRA, ever since Pearse took up fly posting that's perfectly respectable form in republican circles. Perhaps he was actually putting the squeeze on drugs gangs for some of their profits but reasonable people aren't going to take yours or Paul Williams word on that.

Mr Kelly, on the other hand, was caught with a couple of sugar bags full of coke and had a string of previous for commoner gardener criminal offences. We can safely take it he is/was, in fact, involved in the drugs trade. Though he also bate the head off a sticky so maybe he wasn't all bad :pac:

Just the facts ma'am, as they used to say. Little teensy factual facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Didnt Eamonn Kelly's daughter die of an overdose? ... and he kept selling? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Didnt Eamonn Kelly's daughter die of an overdose? ... and he kept selling? :confused:
    his wife and son too according to the papers .

his wife and son too according to the papers .

well the papers always get it right :pac:

Bambi wrote: »
    Monty, Monty, its the teensy weensy things like facts that you seem to be missing, not that we should let them get in the way of a good mouth frothing.

Mr Ryan has convictions for attending terrorism summer school and possesion of a firearm. Regardless of what you think of the RIRA, ever since Pearse took up fly posting that's perfectly respectable form in republican circles. Perhaps he was actually putting the squeeze on drugs gangs for some of their profits but reasonable people aren't going to take yours or Paul Williams word on that.

Mr Kelly, on the other hand, was caught with a couple of sugar bags full of coke and had a string of previous for commoner gardener criminal offences. We can safely take it he is/was, in fact, involved in the drugs trade. Though he also bate the head off a sticky so maybe he wasn't all bad :pac:

Just the facts ma'am, as they used to say. Little teensy factual facts.
    'Perhaps' he was? lol

I wouldn't take Williams' word for it. The word of the Gardai's intelligence unit - yes, I would.

So, one guy was a scumbag, as was the other.

Facts. My friend.

'Perhaps' he was? lol

I wouldn't take Williams' word for it. The word of the Gardai's intelligence unit - yes, I would.

So, one guy was a scumbag, as was the other.

Facts. My friend.

lol If the gardai had facts they would have convictions.

Gossip. My friend. :)

Was he responsible for that young plumbers murder?

lol If the gardai had facts they would have convictions.

Gossip. My friend. :)
    Yes, the Gardai operate on gossip.

Oddly enough, according to your beliefs this Kelly scumbag went straight after his last big conviction many years back. So he was an honest citizen while Ryan was still a criminal.

• Advertisement

Nobody was, according to Bambi, as there was no conviction... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Fairly graphic pictures of him getting treatment on the scene published on the independent site like the pictures of ryan but closer up

Nobody was, according to Bambi, as there was no conviction... :D

Im just going by hearsay in fairness the papers do tell lies.

Yes, the Gardai operate on gossip.

Oddly enough, according to your beliefs this Kelly scumbag went straight after his last big conviction many years back. So he was an honest citizen while Ryan was still a criminal.

Did I say the gardai operate on gossip? If you had a leg to stand on you wouldn't be prevaricating. Unsubstantiated and anonymous stories are gossip. Convictions are facts.

I have no idea what this Kelly fella did after his last conviction. I don't know what Ryan did after his either. I'm sure someone can fill in the blanks with some gossip though :)

Did I say the gardai operate on gossip? If you had a leg to stand on you wouldn't be prevaricating. Unsubstantiated and anonymous stories are gossip. Convictions are facts.

I have no idea what this Kelly fella did after his last conviction. I don't know what Ryan did after his either. I'm sure someone can fill in the blanks with some gossip though :)
    The Garda Intelligence Unit are the people who said that Ryan was involved in murder, extortion and selling drugs.

Take it up with them. You keep believing the fairy stories that sit best with your political beliefs, the terrorist scum is still dead either way.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Dancor wrote: »
    Yup and his other brother is a well known tax dodger.

Bono??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

The Garda Intelligence Unit are the people who said that Ryan was involved in murder, extortion and selling drugs.

Take it up with them. You keep believing the fairy stories that sit best with your political beliefs, the terrorist scum is still dead either way.

Aw Monty...what's wrong? Did Alan Ryan bump off or force out your dealer?
    Would explain why you are so clear in the oul head...chuckle chuckle ur law?

What are your political beliefs? Pro British/American/et all murder in Iraq and Afghanistan? Pro British etc terror wherever they feel like justifying it? Or do you just like venting ur internal frustrations on whoever you manage to suck in to ur misery circle?

I see your shoulders are still covered with the chips that the bigger fella u met in the chipper at the weekend mushed into that gansaí ur mother got u last Christmas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ludeen

:QUOTE=repsol;82094385]No. Chuck Norris never had Garda protection (at taxpayers expense) or had everyone who lives on his street evacuated during the night because of a bomb scare.Williams always throws in a few "me and Veronica" statements when he is on TV etc to try and big himself up as a tough guy.[/QUOTE]

please tell me you got the sarcasm in my post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

I beat Eamonn in a scrap when we were in school..he was stockier and tougher but i kneed him in the face after he'd punched me a load of times...got him right on the chin and he fell to the ground.

A teacher picked him up and carried him,unconscious to the staff room till his mum picked him up.

EURATS wrote: »

What are your political beliefs? Pro British/American/et all murder in Iraq and Afghanistan? Pro British etc terror wherever they feel like justifying it? Or do you just like venting ur internal frustrations on whoever you manage to suck in to ur misery circle?

I see your shoulders are still covered with the chips that the bigger fella u met in the chipper at the weekend mushed into that gansaí ur mother got u last Christmas ;)
    What?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Precise Pangolin

Are you sure you aren't really talking about yourself here buddy? You seem to be a bit of a political loon.

Are you sure you aren't really talking about yourself here buddy? You seem to be a bit of a political loon.

I'm not ur buddy!

Political loons I see in the Dail every day. Self righteous wafflers I see from time to time on boards.ie (and the Dail). I see they have company now!

Not being bad, but he was too stubborn to change his ways, it was gonna happen.

I'm not ur buddy!

Political loons I see in the Dail every day. Self righteous wafflers I see from time to time on boards. I see they have company now!
    And I'm sure they are delighted to have you.

Pro tip: if you have to make up a load of beliefs to ascribe to another poster, and then argue with those 'beliefs', we call that a 'straw man'. It's not regarded as a very successful debating technique...

And I'm sure they are delighted to have you.

Pro tip: if you have to make up a load of beliefs to ascribe to another poster, and then argue with those 'beliefs', we call that a 'straw man'. It's not regarded as a very successful debating technique...

What other poster would this be oh righteous burns of pro tip fame?

You are the closest thing to a straw man that boards.ie has...except ur wurzel gummage head has fallen off

• Advertisement

You might want to re-read your post from earlier before throwing around accusations of 'righteousness' - jumping in to defend the reputation of a dead crim. Rats in glass houses and all that...
    You are the closest thing to a straw man that boards.ie has...except ur wurzel gummage head has fallen off
    :) - guilty as charged.

You might want to re-read your post earlier before throwing around accusations of 'righteousness'. Rats in glass houses and all that...

:) - guilty as charged.

Rats on boards..dressed up as Simpsons characters more like it.

I'm sure Paul Williams and the people inside the gardai who leak him(possibly u)information will see their own day in court for breaking the law by releasing confidential operational details for CASH..which is what it is.

Quote: EURATS

MONTY BURNZ:

You might want to re-read your post from earlier before throwing around accusations of 'righteousness' - jumping in to defend the reputation of a dead crim. Rats in glass houses and all that...
    Quote: EURATS

EURATS:

So you agree with the killing of Irish citizens on our streets.....enough said!!!

Ur advocates photographers are currently getting dangerously close(already have) to photographing "OUR DEAD CRIMS" innards on our streets..these photographs serve what purpose exactly?

Maybe a gas chamber in THE JOY would be a better idea? That would also sell papers!!

Now don't let that get ur straw hat thinking ;)

Meh no loss !!

Is that sheep talk? Not trained in that...any chance of a translator? Gum bucket!

How is that sheep talk ? im sorry but if i sold drugs and my kids dids died of overdose i'd kill myself so **** him.

How is that sheep talk ? im sorry but if i sold drugs and my kids dids died of overdose i'd kill myself so **** him.

If u are selling drugs to your kids or anybody else..u better be prepared for the consequences of ur actions. If u supply drugs(doctors included) then u are responsible for the effects of ur decision!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Who in the fuck names this criminals?

The Godfather
    The Penguin
    The General
    etc.

All the media is doing is stroking the ego of some fucking scumbag :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Alright STOP!

Collaborate and listen, Ice is back with my brand new invention. Something, grabs a hold of me tightly, Then I flow like a harpoon daily and nightly Will it ever stop? Yo. I don't know. Turn off the lights and I'll glow. To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle. Dance, Bum rush the speaker that booms I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom, deadly, when I play a dope melody Anything less than the best is a felony. Love it or leave it, You better gain way You better hit bull's eye, The kid don't play. If there was a problem, Yo, I'll solve it Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it. Ice Ice Baby. Vanilla, Ice Ice Baby Vanilla Ice Ice Baby Vanilla, Ice Ice Baby Vanilla... Now that the party is jumping With the bass kicked in, the Vegas are pumpin' Quick to the point, to the point no faking I'm cooking MCs like a pound of bacon Burning them, if they ain't quick and nimble I go crazy when I hear a cymbal And a hi hat with a suped up tempo I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo Rollin' in my 5.0 With my ragtop down so my hair can blow The girlies on standby, Waving just to say Hi Did you stop? No. I just drove by. Kept on pursuing to the next stop I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block That block was dead Yo, so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Allyall wrote: »
    Alright STOP!

Collaborate and listen, Ice is back with my brand new invention. Something, grabs a hold of me tightly, Then I flow like a harpoon daily and nightly Will it ever stop? Yo. I don't know. Turn off the lights and I'll glow. To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle. Dance, Bum rush the speaker that booms I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom, deadly, when I play a dope melody Anything less than the best is a felony. Love it or leave it, You better gain way You better hit bull's eye, The kid don't play. If there was a problem, Yo, I'll solve it Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it. Ice Ice Baby. Vanilla, Ice Ice Baby Vanilla Ice Ice Baby Vanilla, Ice Ice Baby Vanilla... Now that the party is jumping With the bass kicked in, the Vegas are pumpin' Quick to the point, to the point no faking I'm cooking MCs like a pound of bacon Burning them, if they ain't quick and nimble I go crazy when I hear a cymbal And a hi hat with a suped up tempo I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo Rollin' in my 5.0 With my ragtop down so my hair can blow The girlies on standby, Waving just to say Hi Did you stop? No. I just drove by. Kept on pursuing to the next stop I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block That block was dead Yo, so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue

ah that old chestnut, makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Allyall wrote: »
    Alright STOP!

Word 2 yo' Mama..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

SRFC wrote: »
    Fairly graphic pictures of him getting treatment on the scene published on the independent site like the pictures of ryan but closer up

There were indeed graphic pictures of the body of Eamonn kelly lying dead on the street,and also of Alan ryan,I was waiting for the moral outrage but none came ? Not even a peep from Ballyers joe duffys liveline,Wonder will there be a call for a boycott of hotels in the clontarf area ? Its a shame I tell ya.

AS THE TÁNAISTE meets with the Irish ambassador to Mauritius this morning about the publication of images of the body of Michaela McAreavey yesterday, a lawyer for the family has said that the newspaper’s actions could hinder the continuing murder inquiry and prospects of another trial.“It is clear that they acted against all norms of journalism,” he said. “They have done something that is revolting. They should not have done that…there was no thought for the family, the family dignity, the people at large in the public that are hurt.”The publication of these images represents an appalling invasion of privacy and is a gross affront to human dignity. There are issues of
    fundamental human rights in question in relation to this deeply upsetting matter,” Kenny said in a statement.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=uproar%20as%20pictures%20of%20michealla&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thejournal.ie%2Fmichaela-mcareavey-murder-pictures-mauritius-killers-522333-Jul2012%2F&ei=vEnAULCZKNOzhAeW8oHIBw&usg=AFQjCNF4rtGvK7yoKnxKsET5RaG7S857_g

So you agree with the killing of Irish citizens on our streets.....enough said!!!

Ur advocates photographers are currently getting dangerously close(already have) to photographing "OUR DEAD CRIMS" innards on our streets..these photographs serve what purpose exactly?

Maybe a gas chamber in THE JOY would be a better idea? That would also sell papers!!
    Fair enough, but I still think that your policy of murdering the children of EU officials is taking things a step too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Is this a new thing, the photos of guys dying on the street.
    Pretty distateful.
    New low in Irish journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'd reckon so, the planning anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Who in the fuck names this criminals?

The Godfather
    The Penguin
    The General
    etc.

All the media is doing is stroking the ego of some fucking scumbag :rolleyes:

Paul Williams admitted he gives criminals these names,says he has to do it because can't name them.

Ye of course Paul nothing to do with selling papers and causing feuds,the man is an idiot.tax payers funding his 1 million a year garda protection.

• Advertisement

Paul Williams admitted he gives criminals these names,says he has to do it because can't name them.

Ye of course Paul nothing to do with selling papers and causing feuds,the man is an idiot.tax payers funding his 1 million a year garda protection.
    I'm not a fan of the man, but I'd rather people could report on the criminal scum without being murdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I'm not a fan of the man, but I'd rather people could report on the criminal scum without being murdered.

That's true I certainly wouldn't wish death or anything on him.

He just needs to quit the man of the people act,noone is buying it anymore.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mod:

EURATS banned for constant trolling / jibing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Lets face it , none of us really want these gangs shooting up the city.
    I have no sympathy for Kelly or that gurrier Ryan, but would much prefer that they were brought before special courts and tried.
    for so long as we tolerate organized crime heads shooting each other we not only risk mayhem we also risk innocents being killed too, as has happened before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

So who gets shot next . IRA man or known drug dealer .
    I have a feeling an IRA leader will get it next .. Its the next move for the drug dealers . I can see this tit for tat gling on for a while .

• Advertisement
Advertisement