Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

transffering my JSB abroad

• 09-05-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys just a quick question.

I am moving to London on the 27th to look for work and called into the SW office today to get the form for transfer of benefit. On the form it asks for my U.K address. I won't have this until i physically move over and find a place.
    Does this mean that i cannot apply for a transfer?

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

didn't even know this was possible?

you can claim Irish dole while living in England?

News to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

jayteecork wrote: »
    didn't even know this was possible?

you can claim Irish dole while living in England?
    A person in receipt of Irish JB for at least 4 weeks may transfer the JB claim to a country covered by EC Regulations (No. 883/2004) for up to 3 months (78 Days).
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/jajbfaq.aspx#q27

Obviously this only applies to Jobseekers BENEFIT and not jobseekers assistance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/jb_jobseekben.aspx#part10
    A person in receipt of Irish JB may transfer the JB claim to one of the European countries for up to 13 weeks (78 days). The form U2 is completed by Client Eligibility Section (CES) with details of rates of payment etc and sent to the person transferring their payment at their new address. The person takes this form to the social services office of the country to which they are travelling.

In cases where a person is travelling to Britain or Northern Ireland in search of work and transferring their jobseeker’s benefit there, the Local Office will complete the U2 form and hand it to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ruthie23

Hi Can you fill me in on how you got on moving to London on Job seekers benefit I am in your shoes now, I am planning on leaving on 13th my sign on date is next week so going to sort it out, do you have to sign on monthly or weekly and is it paid in to your Irish number

Advertisement