Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Same people on the Late Late again and again

• 07-02-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

John Walters was a guest just before Christmas. Eamon Dunphy was a guest 3 weeks ago. Eoghan Harris was a guest earlier in the year.

Do RTE think we want to hear the same people again and again?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And that twat Pat Kenny is always on the bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

And that twat Pat Kenny is always on the bloody thing.

:D Indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

change channel, read a book et cetera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

John Waters wants to take 20% of mortgages - yes please! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I thought it was going to be the John Waters of Hairspray fame. I actually got excited about the prospect of Pat being insulted and not knowing it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

JDo RTE think we want to hear the same people again and again?

You are obviously watching everytime so why change a winning formula?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Anyone who took a morgage they couldnt afford on a house that was way over priced should be told whistle, given a cup, a blanket and the phone number for focus Ireland

as the people who didnt take a morgage they couldnt afford on a house that was way over priced are now expected to bail them out while still paying their own morgage/RENT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

elshambo wrote: »
    Anyone who took a morgage they couldnt afford on a house that was way over priced should be told whistle, given a cup, a blanket and the phone number for focus Ireland

as the people who didnt take a morgage they couldnt afford on a house that was way over priced are now expected to bail them out while still paying their own morgage/RENT

A little harsh IMHO

A little harsh IMHO

Yup!!!:D
    But not as harsh as:
    "as the people who didnt take a morgage they couldnt afford on a house that was way over priced are now expected to bail them out while still paying their own morgage/RENT"

is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

and heres enya with a new song, ...... staccato violin sounds ,oh no its the same she's been making for 20 years, a tleast it was in english this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

elshambo wrote: »

No - those who took these mortgages out are the people who are the cream of our society with most to offer. These are the people - the stakeholders of society - we don't want to lose to emigration.

This is why such a measure is welcome and let the banks suffer the consequences - Cowen would be the man if can do something like this.

BTW the issue is not that the mortgages are too high - it's that these people have lost their jobs - shame we don't all have your begruding attitude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

and heres enya with a new song, ...... staccato violin sounds ,oh no its the smae she's been making for 20 years, atelast iw as in english this time

Wish all Irish women in their 40s could look like Enya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

In fairness to RTE, they were expecting to have children's friend Cathal O'Searcaigh on the show but he pulled out at the last minute after RTE solicitors asked to have the interview pre-recorded. So I think that particular gathering was a last minute thing.

And also, these are the guys who advocated certain things before the election, only fair that they should come back and justify their choices.

No - those who took these mortgages out are the people who are the cream of our society with most to offer. These are the people - the stakeholders of society - we don't want to lose to emigration.

This is why such a measure is welcome and let the banks suffer the consequences - Cowen would be the man if can do something like this.

BTW the issue is not that the mortgages are too high - it's that these people have lost their jobs - shame we don't all have your begruding attitude!

No actually its taking a 100% morgage on a property that is at least 50% over priced that is the problem and them someone who refused to take out such a morgage on such a property paying their own and others way

So they (the smart ones) leave the country rather than pay others morgages
    ie me!

How are the banks gonna suffer?

What am i begruding? Paying for the mistakes of others
    wow your right, i must be so petty!

"who are the cream of our society with most to offer"

Well im leaving the country and have a load of qualifications, so i guess you mean me:o:D, except i never took out a morgage i knew i would not be able to afford when the property bubble popped:eek:
    & i never went round the pubs bragging about the value of my house and slagging off those who rented about rent being wasted money:o:mad:

Well if a 100% morgage on an overvalued property isnt wasted money i dont know what is!?

*In the long term the big problem IS going to be, AFTER all this is cleared up
    that the idiots with the 100% morgages will still have there houses and those
    without, will still have no house and WILL have payed for the idiots to keep theres.
    WHEN those people figure out what they are going to be paying for for the next 5 years AND that they will have nothing to show for it at the end of the day
    THEY WILL ALL LEAVE
    & who's gonna pay for you to keep your house then? :eek:
    and that WILL be the real drain
    not:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Those who took these mortgages out are the people who are the cream of our society with most to offer. These are the people - the stakeholders of society - we don't want to lose to emigration.

This is why such a measure is welcome and let the banks suffer the consequences

Any luck renting out your investment property in Athenry yet?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055482121

Any luck renting out your investment property in Athenry yet?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055482121

aaah SNAP!:rolleyes:

It must be great being "the cream of society":o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

John Walters was a guest just before Christmas. Eamon Dunphy was a guest 3 weeks ago. Eoghan Harris was a guest earlier in the year.

Do RTE think we want to hear the same people again and again?

but you keep watching it?

why would they bother if they are still getting viewers?

this was partly cos cathal o searcaigh didn't go on again, does anyone want to see him on, i don't think he should go on, its a lose-lose situation, he dealt with by police(not they'll be able to put a case togehter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

While I cant speak for the country as a whole, and there are people now in financial strife who clearly do not deserve to be,I do know of 3 people in an office I work in who took out crippling mortgages on properties during the end of the good times.

These three, as an example, arent the cream of anything, unless annoying think-they-know-it-all muppet now outranks "upper" on the class scale.

Frankly, they're gobshítes, they wouldn't be told that their salaries werent long term guaranteed, and therefore perhaps 100% mortgages on 1st or more importantly 2nd properties werent a brilliant idea for them, now 1 is redundant and two are in reduced salary nervous breakdown territory.

Stakeholders of society my arse. Greedyboys more like. They can emigrate if they like as far as Im concerned. I don't really care whether they stay or not, but I think we can lose eejits like these with no discernible long term damage to the country.

In fairness to RTE, they were expecting to have children's friend Cathal O'Searcaigh on the show but he pulled out at the last minute after RTE solicitors asked to have the interview pre-recorded. So I think that particular gathering was a last minute thing.

And also, these are the guys who advocated certain things before the election, only fair that they should come back and justify their choices.

in fairness to use, it alteast the second time we had filler because o searcaigh didn't come on, and pat kenny didn't nail them down on the previous statementss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Lena on da wall

Nolanger wrote: »
    Wish all Irish women in their 40s could look like Enya.

If they all had a few million to spare they would.

Advertisement