Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E3272 default ip change

Options
  • 18-03-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I just got the E3272 and tplink router for a small office. However the dongle has a default ip of 192.168.1.1 and the tplink defaults to a different subnet (192.168.0.1). I'd like the tplink to be 192.168.1.1 but there doesn't seem to be a setting in the web interface on the dongle to change default ip.

I'm doing this so I don't have to go around changing the IP address of our static devices and updating people's network printers etc.

By the way it worked great first time with speeds around 25/15.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I'm afraid you might be stuck with having to do the heavy annoying work. There is away to disable the hilink feature altogether (http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html and change the settings there) but then you have to configure the dongle using AT commands etc and its about as messy or messier than having to change your static IP addresses. Also, the change isn't permanent (I believe) - a power reset will change it back to hilink mode.

Honestly I can't understand why they went for 192.168.1.1 considering its one of the most popular IP addresses in the world!

Just to add, I'm using the E3272 since yesterday myself and can't believe the speed I'm getting either. 25 down, and up to 20 up and I'm way out in the sticks. (TP-link router 3220 v1 using openwrt).

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

I did the change manually, but it was a bit of a pain. Thanks for digging up that info.

Speeds are great! Now all we need is someone to bring out an unlimited package and you'll have a real contender for home broadband.

Do you know if any of the providers give you a real public IP address? Or do they all NAT for 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Apogee

I picked up an unlocked version of the E3272. It works fine on Vodafone 4G when plugged into a laptop. However, when plugged into a Dovado Doma router, it connects, but then immediately drops the connection and goes into a continuous loop. The odd thing is, it connects fine if forced into 3G on Vodafone.

It also seems to connect fine on Three 4G, so it looks like the problem is specific to Vodafone 4G via the router.

Any ideas?

Advertisement