Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eamon Kelly shot dead

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

So who gets shot next . IRA man or known drug dealer .
    I have a feeling an IRA leader will get it next .. Its the next move for the drug dealers . I can see this tit for tat gling on for a while .
    Not sure if his name is out yet but the "ira boss" that was arrested is more "thick c"nt" then criminal mastermind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

smash wrote: »
    Ireland's most notorious criminal.... never heard of him myself.

just cause he is not all over the media doesnt mean a thing ye always find the real bosses let the other cronies into the lime light and do all the time and they just sit back and organise things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

just cause he is not all over the media doesnt mean a thing ye always find the real bosses let the other cronies into the lime light and do all the time and they just sit back and organise things

But there's a difference between being the 'most notorious' and being the 'most respected'. 'most dangerous', 'most influential' or whatever other titles they want to bestow on him

Notorious surely indicates a level of fame (or at least infamy) within the general public IMO. I think its fair to say that he wasn't one of the top 4/5 most famous/infamous criminals in Ireland. Even if his power/reach may have been greater (I've no clue)

Dodge wrote: »

But there's a difference between being the 'most notorious' and being the 'most respected'. 'most dangerous', 'most influential' or whatever other titles they want to bestow on him

Notorious surely indicates a level of fame (or at least infamy) within the general public IMO. I think its fair to say that he wasn't one of the top 4/5 most famous/infamous criminals in Ireland. Even if his power/reach may have been greater (I've no clue)
    No it doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Dodge wrote: »

I suppose if you are going to stick these labels on them, it's still not clear what terms of reference you use. He could have been the most notorious in Dublin criminal circles, even if he had a low profile with the general public.

Jeeaysus....the media have signed the death warrant of the guy they charged.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-arrest-suspected-real-ira-members-as-part-of-kelly-murder-probe-3320197.html

Witness protection programme?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Jeeaysus....the media have signed the death warrant of the guy they charged.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-arrest-suspected-real-ira-members-as-part-of-kelly-murder-probe-3320197.html

Witness protection programme?

Gutter press very dangerous making accusations like this doesnt suprise me the mans probably not informing either way though i've no sympathy for the (alleged) mudering terrorist scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

The Monsignor's comments at the funeral were an utter disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement