Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

losing a day forgot to sign on!

• 24-06-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

:(

was meant to do it on wednesday (totally forgot as im just of btea and hadnt needed to sign on for the year!)

anyways i signed yesterday but lady said i will lose a days entitlement , does this actually come into affect or is it at their discretion ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

That's a bit harsh, I've missed loads of days and never got deducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tomomurray1

I missed ONE day before a long time ago, ever since i have been on the button when signing on!

in fairness there are signs in the local office stating if you miss a day signing you will lose a day payment, just wondering does it actually happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

i bet the system scammer's missed plenty of days without having anything deducted , just look at the amount of people who went to prison and received all entitlements week after week , ....................obivously they where not in a position to sign on ,
    this is one of the gripe's I have with the welfare system ,
    it seems if you have been on it scratching your arse for years on end , you get whatever you ask .............

whereas many many people who are on it now as a result of losing their job recently seem to be treated like utter dirt

to give a you a small example of what I mean about the system being Arse about face.
    My youngest sister 18 , dropped out of college , lives at home , no bills
    she gets €109 a week.

My brother a painter for 14 years lost his job 18months ago , has tried everything in his power to get a new job , yet his dole has been cut to €70 (and has all the bills like mortgages etc to pay )due to the fact his wife earns more than €306 a week
    He has an interview in Lidl soon , so finger's crossed for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

seems harsh alright i have missed a few also and never been docked, i suppose it's down to the office where you sign on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/ja_jobseekall.aspx#part3
    Signing Arrangements

It is for the Local Office to decide how often the person must sign this declaration, where and at what times. A person may be disallowed for failure to sign on.

Persons who receive payment by way of Postdraft/EFT are reminded of their signing day the week before they are due to sign.

Where a person fails to sign on his/her signing day and has still failed to sign by the end of the following day, payment is suspended on the computer system and the next payment does not issue.

If the person contacts the Local Social Welfare Office and payment for the week in question has been generated, s/he is questioned as to why s/he didn't attend on the appointed day.

Where a Deciding Officer is satisfied that the person still satisfies the statutory conditions for Jobseeker's Allowance, the payment suspension is removed and payment will issue. If there is any change in the payment amount, the unemployment pattern is amended before the payment issues.

Regular failure to attend on the appointed signing day may result in loss of payment.

You do not sign on for your payment, you sign on to attest to being unemployed and fulfilling other conditions. Only if the officer is not satisfied that you met the conditions should payment be lost. You can ask for this to be reviewed in light of their own policy and appeal it if necessary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement