Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decrease video file size for uploading?

Options
  • 18-12-2014 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

When my g.friend creates a video for uploading to youtube using Imovie the file sizes can be pretty big.

What I do is take the MP4 file that imovie creates, import it into my windows machine and use Song Vegas pro to create another file. Only this time, the file sony vegas creates is like half the file size.

What programs do you recommend for the mac to shrink the file sizes down on videos?

I heard of handbreak - but didn't know if it was a good choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

If you use the upload to YouTube option built into iMovie I think it lets you choose the quality. Been a while since I've had to use it so not 100% on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Handbrake is indeed pretty good. But I'd have a look at iMovie's export options like the previous poster suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I've bought a MBP myself, so I'll also be getting FCPX for editing on it.

Will the export options for youtube on that also be pretty decent, or would I need to install an additional piece of software?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I've bought a MBP myself, so I'll also be getting FCPX for editing on it.

Will the export options for youtube on that also be pretty decent, or would I need to install an additional piece of software?
    no all you have to do is log into youtube from imovie and it does all the work for you.

Advertisement