Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook charger

• 16-12-2014 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

How's things, looking to pick up a simple macbook charger for when I'm stateside, any tips on what I should lookout for when it comes to volts, anyone got any specific brands of good travel ones, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Macbook chargers are multi voltage - they'll operate off of anything between 100-240V, so there's no issue with voltage. All you need is a simple travel adapter to allow you to plug your UK charger into US sockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

One of these may be worth looking at, Charges macbook & a USB device, comes with just about every international plug option

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009ZT2CE4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2AJOQK4WFE400&coliid=I2J8O9RRJ19C0J

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jpb55

Thanks for that, I like that one. Is there any difference in the 60 & 85 watt ones? It's a 13" pro, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Don't think so but 12 south would be the people to check with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Jpb55 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I like that one. Is there any difference in the 60 & 85 watt ones? It's a 13" pro, thanks

The difference is that the 60 watt may not be quite strong enough when an 85 watt charger is what was supplied. If it does work (Usually it will work, mind.) it may take somewhat longer to charge that the 85 watt will; you may also find that power intensive applications might cause you a wee bit of grief. Using the 85 watt instead of the 60 watt won't do any harm though it won't charge up any quicker as a result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement