Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I downgrade from Yosemite to Snow Leopard?

Options
  • 08-12-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I have Yosemite currently and its running sluggish on my MBA 2010 (late). When I plug in the key(OS X v10.6) that came with it to go back to factory settings it looks like it is about to install it but fails and gives a load of errors. I can still get into Yosemite, but sometimes it fails and has to restart (only after I tried this whole process) - so I imagine that its nothing serious, but I'd like to go back to defaults. I have nothing on the MAC that I need to save/backup. Any suggestions?

I will settle for a default version of Yosemite to see if my sluggish performance improves. I'll probably give this a try tomorrow: http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/18/clean-install-os-x-yosemite/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Definitely try a clean install and go from there. Yosemite runs pretty well on my late MBP on a clean install.

TO answer your original question, yes, it is possible to downgrade but it requires creating a bootable SL stick, and using that to format the drive for installing SL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I did it something ago...

the best way was to restore from internet - Command r on boot up

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

the best way was to restore from internet - Command r on boot up
    I think I've seen this. Before I tried the usb method I used to get the option to boot into the existing hard drive... but I also saw it asking me to select a wifi network... I wasn't sure why it was asking me this - but now it makes sense. Thanks. I opted for the USB method. I'll know how it goes when I get home in a few hours time. Fingers crossed.

I came back and my laptop restarted into what it looked like before I re-installed... I'm not sure if anything happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Sounds like you didn't erase the disk first...

• Advertisement

Zcott wrote: »
    Sounds like you didn't erase the disk first...

YUP - I'll try that next...

Advertisement