Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A tin of Roses and other stuff

Options
  • 23-03-2015 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain to me, why, if you have no significant other, or FAR more importantly no shed-load of kids, why you wouldn't keep an open tin of Roses beside the kettle?

It always goes down well with yourself,your friends, and any chance acquaintance who might pop in for a cup of scald.

So, AHers, is it just conformist Catholic guilt, and if so, is there a load of other things that we (I) are missing out on?

All suggestions and Fruit Shorties welcome.

AMC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bit decadent now isn't it?
    Getting above yourself there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

- Roses are the worst kind of boxes of chocolate
    - if they are available, I will eat them. Eating endless boxes of roses will make me fat.
    - the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

If any boxed chocolates aren't a) celebrations or b) milk tray get the **** in the bin you scum sweets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Roses and Fruit Shorties?!

How's your 50's coming along for ya? Jaaaaaayis, people still go to yours for tea?

Do they sell them beyond Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

Can anyone explain to me, why, if you have no significant other, or FAR more importantly no shed-load of kids, why you wouldn't keep an open tin of Roses beside the kettle?

AMC

Because, if they're open, they're gone!

DMC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

If any boxed chocolates aren't a) celebrations or b) milk tray get the **** in the bin you scum sweets

Milk tray are sh*te, black magic is where it's at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

PandaPoo wrote: »

Goes down well with a bottle of Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

So, AHers, is it just conformist Catholic guilt, and if so, is there a load of other things that we (I) are missing out on?
    You are the type who eats all the chocolate in secret then and looks as innocent as anything in public then no? Does all kinds of things in your hiding place.

Enjoy.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

kneemos wrote: »
    Do they sell them beyond Christmas?

Jaysus man. Best time to buy in bulk. :):o

Roses and Fruit Shorties?!

How's your 50's coming along for ya? Jaaaaaayis, people still go to yours for tea?

It's spelled "tae"

dmc17 wrote: »
    Because, if they're open, they're gone!

DMC :pac:

Except the love/hate green ones.....which unfortunately also get their comeuppance in an emergency! :o

PandaPoo wrote: »

Yup. Bourneville ftw. Bit pricey though;not your everyday beside the kettle type sweets. More "under the bed", these are all mine kind of choc.

£5 on Amazon.
    €27 delivered though.

Good old Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

If they were there I would eat them and nobody calls around for tea as I'm not an elderly woman in the 60s

It always goes down well with yourself,your friends, and any chance acquaintance who might pop in for a cup of scald.

AMC

I know a lad who tried having a tin of Roses out for guests over the East Galway way.

Another lad stayed over, got blind drunk, scoffed half the tin, and then destroyed yer man's jacks.

Despicable behaviour. The lad was a Connie so probably didn't know any better but you'd really need to watch yourself when you're being over-hospitable, it can come back to bite you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Rose chocolates are absolute muck...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Would prefer a club milk or a purple snack with tea tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Roses are awful chocolates, followed closely by Milk Tray. I wouldn't have a box of either in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Tin of Roses wouldn't impress me at all.

If I opened your press and found some MrKipling's French Fancies though, you'd have a friend for life.

Apple tart if you're makin the tae,feck the Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Choc Hobnobs or Choc Polos for the win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Tin of Roses wouldn't impress me at all.

If I opened your press and found some MrKipling's French Fancies though, you'd have a friend for life.

I prefer not to have insects in my cakes.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/CRUSHED+BEETLE+IN+YOUR+KIPLING+CAKES.-a0320932706

• Registered Users Posts: 17,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Why the hate for Roses? They're feckin awesome.

Quality Street - that's a name that's misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AMC

Are you Irish or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I know a lad who tried having a tin of Roses out for guests over the East Galway way.

Another lad stayed over, got blind drunk, scoffed half the tin, and then destroyed yer man's jacks.

Despicable behaviour. The lad was a Connie so probably didn't know any better but you'd really need to watch yourself when you're being over-hospitable, it can come back to bite you.

Worse than animals down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Why the hate for Roses?

Because the pikeys that they are turned the once greatest metal tin of chocolate on the face of the earth into the cheapest plastic tub of samey chocolate piss poor effort sh*te of nothingness.

They essentially ruined Christmas nostalgia for every single adult in this country and for that they deserve not only hatred but to be boycotted until they reinstate an actual metal tin, proper barrell shape chocolate, mini dairy & bournville bar, and the blue one full of pink ecstasy. It's that or they can f*ck right off.

Pricks.

Advertisement