Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ross Kemp in Gaza - Sky 1, Sunday @ 9 !!! NOW !!!

• 03-01-2010 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Quick !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Is it going to be repeated, I missed the start, I'll sky+ it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm sure it will be repeated, and it'll probably be on youTube about 5 minutes after it ends tonight ! Don't worry !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

It'll be up on 'Anytime' tomorrow, also.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

My god that show was amazing that piece at the end was mental, kept deserves the highest honour for these shows he's a brave guy. I would recommend this show to anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Yeah the suicide bomber part was quite disturbing. Was also wondering what would happen after some lads showed them where they were planting an IED ! Musta been quite the dilemma for Sky1 ! Though I don't think the crew knew where the fook they were, so couldn't exactly have provided information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I forgot about this. Will watch it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Anyone know when this will be repeated on regular sky? Don't have the digital.

Seen the ad and thought it began next week, not part 2.

Edit: Never mind, tonight at 10pm on Sky 1.

Regular Sky is digital I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

excellent show and cant wait for part 2 .
    sky will probably repeat part 1 all week on sky 1,2,and 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just watched the repeat there on Sky, excellent documentary, makes you feel so sorry for the ordinary people and children especially. What hope can there be for Gaza when the loudest voices are a bunch of brainwashed fundamentalist nutters determined to enter paradise at whatever cost :rolleyes:?

Religion has a lot to answer for.

Should be interesting to see the other side next week - I would expect the same very intransigent but polar-opposite views.

Ross Kemp has come a long way from Albert Square, one of Sky's few bright lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Regular Sky is digital I thought.

I meant I don't have a digital box. I have sky 1 on basic ntl cable.
    MayoForSam wrote: »
    Ross Kemp has come a long way from Albert Square, one of Sky's few bright lights.

Yep big time. Only shpw(s) I'd plan to watch on sky 1.

Great show. The guy and his crew have some serious stones to go after these interviews.

Even when standing in front of a suicide bomber who was fully prepped he stuck to his line of questioning.

Mad_Max wrote: »
    I meant I don't have a digital box. I have sky 1 on basic ntl cable.

Yep big time. Only shpw(s) I'd plan to watch on sky 1.

Great show. The guy and his crew have some serious stones to go after these interviews.

Even when standing in front of a suicide bomber who was fully prepped he stuck to his line of questioning

You mean he improvised a rather sensible line of questioning -- remember, they didn't know who these chaps were or what they were going to do/say ! :eek:

They've certainly got stones

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The bit with the suicide bomber was certainly unsettling, but the part with the kids was extremely powerful as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭trench foot

Ross Kemp is really pushing it. I thought it was incredibly stupid when he went to see the Jihad guys.
    His luck will run out...i can see it happening.

:)

I didn't think the second part was as strong as the first but still some fine television. Ross Kemp and the people who travel with him to these places should be proud of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ross Kemp is really pushing it. I thought it was incredibly stupid when he went to see the Jihad guys.
    His luck will run out...i can see it happening.
    i would def agree. I'd say you'd want some stones to be part of his film crew considering you are more of a target with the camera but get none of the glory that ross rightfully gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

biased towards the Israelis IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

spiderdan wrote: »
    biased towards the Israelis IMO.

Dont think so. It was reasonably balanced but it was balanced in the sense that extremists on both sides were interviewed rather than more balanced individuals. I did a bit of googling about that Daniella Weiss that was interviewed and she is an extremely hardcore Jew and really not representative of normal israelis I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Didn't like the 2nd part.....just didn't like the vibe off it at all!

Advertisement