Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ross Kemp - In search of pirates

• 26-05-2009 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up for any fans of the Ross Kemp gangs/Afghanistan programmes.....

New three parter in June where Ross goes looking for Somali pirates.

Starts Monday 8th June at 9pm on Sky One.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I look forward to this. I do enjoy his shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Awww deadly cant wait for this!

I love the cheesy opening credits he has with his random poses and his serious face :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

It really is jaw dropping TV. I have to say, I initially wrote off Ross Kemp as a hack, but I was flicking around and came across his return to Afghanistan episode and the scene where he is lying in a ditch with bullets literally flying over his head. Takes some serious sack to do that voluntarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah caught an ad for this the other day. He does definitely get right into the heat of the action, not just a hack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I remember reading a review that said part of the reason Kemp is so good is that he doesn't know he is - that he's unpretentious and less concerned about putting himself or his own opinions front and centre. It's held true throughout these series.

The whole crew deserves tremendous credit for producing these shows because the ones involving cames and esspecially this up coming series must have took alot of work to even get to the point where these people were comfortable enough (and well paid enough) to let them film. And that doesn't mention the fact they're very brave to go to these places in the first place.

And the productions themeselves - they're among some of the best documentaries in terms of not sensationalising the situations or making black-and-white judgements about these people. Also, they're one of the best mastered HD shows on television which undoubtably is no bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Just a reminder for tonight guys & gals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Cartman found them first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

oh im looking forward to this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the whole afghanistan battle things are silly the uk troops go out attract gun fire and then they call in 500 pound american bombs.

it will be good if kemp does tackle teh pollution issue in somalia etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Gah, missed it.

It is repeated on Friday night at 9pm, and Saturday night at 10pm for those who also missed it.

what was the name of that ship, they didn't say what happend to it afterwards, would the sit be handed over to commercial hostage and security insurance companies

mv saldana?

mv saldeana?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

ross kemp simply wonderful will watch him in anything im a big fan been following him since his corrie days hehehahahahehehehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I enjoyed last night's episode and I'm further impressed my Kemp's journalistic skills. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from his first 'On Gangs' series on Sky1 given his performancei that Ultimate Force cack shown on UTV a couple of years ago. However, I really enjoyed his Sky1 series' and felt each one has been an improvement on the last.

Looking forward to the next episode when he meets with the pirates. Yaaaaarr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Corrie eh?

You're a big fan alright....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ross Kemp in search of Phil. Poor, drunken, helpless, womanless Phil with the gay kid. Where's his muse? Ross in drag? What next... check out www.dotcotton.com :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

what was the name of that ship, they didn't say what happend to it afterwards, would the sit be handed over to commercial hostage and security insurance companies

mv saldana?

mv saldeana?

MV Saldanha was released about 3 weeks after the payment of a ransom alleged to be €1.9m.

thanks for that this site ecoterroa is the only one that seems to follow the hostage situation day by day, strange as it is.

http://www.afroarticles.com/article-dashboard/Article/Ecoterra-Somali-Marine-&-Coastal-Monitor.-Part-XXIII-%E2%80%93-MV-SALDANHA-Released/165048

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

If this had been produced last year, you'd have thought Sky had gone mad, sending Kemp into the past to find captain Hooke:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

Cartman found them first :D

classic episode

• Advertisement
Advertisement