Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Scores & Personal Records?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

Hi i am a ITBA member and have been playing for the past 9 years, current avg is 210+, high game 300, and high score for 3 is 791, 279-233-279,I have played for ireland 4 times with 7 medals to show,I have 2 comp wins
    I seen a few looking for comp info and coaching if there is any way i can help in getting people into the sport just ask and i will try my best to help

PDTrouble "Just Shut Up And Bowl"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

169 is my best had 4 strikes in a row, I rarely play so I was pleased with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

gs300 wrote: »
    Hi i am a ITBA member and have been playing for the past 9 years, current avg is 210+, high game 300, and high score for 3 is 791, 279-233-279,I have played for ireland 4 times with 7 medals to show,I have 2 comp wins
    I seen a few looking for comp info and coaching if there is any way i can help in getting people into the sport just ask and i will try my best to help

Welcome to the forum man :) I used to bowl a lot in Ireland but that was about 12 years ago so I probably don't know you. Never had a 300 game, 265 was my closest. I've only recently returned to the game too...see my abysmal scores in my 'joined a league thread' for evidence of that :)

Nice to have a technical bowler posting here, might finally be able to talk techniques!:D

Thanks for the welcome!!

Yeh it's good to read so many people having fun playing the sport the more people to play the better.like i said in the last post if there is any way i can help be it advice or contact info just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StokesCity

My name is Andrew Stokes and I've been bowling for nearly 12 years now. I play my bowling in Palmerstown in Dublin and I currently play in two leagues, both singles matchplay.

I've been a member of the ITBA on and off over recent years and I have played in many ranking and open events over the years but not as many as alot of the top bowlers like gs300 - who is a good pal of mine!

I am a certified Level 1 Coach. I've never played at international level or I have nver won an event as I've never really been up to the standard and also never really bothered to go down that road as I just ike to play bowling for a hobby and for fun and I prefer to play in my leagues and the odd event every so often. Plus it is far too expensive to be playing in big tournaments all the time - if it's the road you want to go down and be a top successful international bowler then ya have to do it!

I do have 3 league titles to my name and infact I am currently the only bowler to have won the Tuesday Handicap Single League Title on 3 occasions. I've also been runner up one occasion. Over the last decade I've won league titles as a junior bowler on a team as well as runner up and third place finishes in many other leagues both junior and senior.

One of my greater acheivements was in 2007 even though I lost the High Average League Title, I went on an 11 week unbeaten run scoring high victories over alot of the top bowlers in Palmerstown including Mr. gs300.
    I have made 3 tournament finals in my lifetime one of which was the Senior Leinster Open in Palmerstown. I've never bowled a 300 and infact I've been nowhere near although there have been many many times when I pershaps should have got it.

Currently my high game is only 255 after nearly 12 years! I only recent equalled that game a couple of weeks ago after nearly 7 years when I first bowled it. My current high series over 3 games is a 669 which I've also bowled twice. Over four games my high series is an 842. My average is 187/188 mark although on tuesday nights I've dropped for the first time in over 2 years and I'm bowling a low average of 178!

I could keep going on but I think I've said enough for now.

If there is anythingnybody would like to ask me about bowling or about leagues etc then please feel free and I'd be happy to answer any questions and like I said I'm also a coach so I would be able to give some tips or pointers if anybody wanted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

hi, i am a bowler from wicklow, i currently bowl in tuesday nigh trio's with a 155 average,high game of 242, but have hit 10 games over 200 in the last month. i have been bowling for less than a year and have two balls now, i bowl straight and dont want to change, if u go on to itba website i came 4th in singles of the national handicap championships in alsaa 2009 although there werent many bowlers, and i came second in doubles. i would like to enter some more leagues, so if anyone can tell me of any starting in may or june it would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi dwainec welcome!!

well it will all depend on the center in which you want to bowl in. find out which center you want and we can ask around for the leagues.

hi, well i want to do one from mid may maybe start of june as the one in wicklow ends then, i would like to bowl in dublin somewhere maybe, depends on the leagues really. any info?

Well gs300 is a Stillorgan bowler so that would probably be the closest centre to you that's based in Dublin. I'll let him talk about their leagues :)

Are you currently bowling in Bray or Wicklow town? :confused: If it's Wicklow town you could also think about bowling in Waterford.

I might split the last few posts into a new thread in a little while if we end up with a load more off topic (high scores) posts :)

i bowl in wicklow town, im lookin for league that will start in may or june? preferably singles but maybe doubles..?

• Advertisement

i am an palmerstown bowler not stilorgan ha,

i asked a few people but i havent heard anything back about them so the best option will be to just ring the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Paud.....

my personal best is 185....got a spare in the 10th then striked out with my extra throw......:)......beat my previous record of 183 ha!....been only playing for just over 2 month.....and i play about once a week with the lads......twice if im lucky ha!!.....by the way it was with a house ball aswell so i was well pleased.....a new alley opened up here recently and da house record is only 215 so im pleased with my progress:D

not bad 185 is pretty good score to hit, where is the new centre??

Keep it up Paud....., at this rate you could have that house record smashed in a month or two :)

haha thanks....hopefully now.....emm its opened up in Belmullet in Co. Mayo.

ah rite how many lanes there? does anyone know any single day tournaments going on, one goes on in wicklow every month or 2 if anyones interested ill post the details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

dwainec wrote: »
    one goes on in wicklow every month or 2 if anyones interested ill post the details

i would be interested (btw, are their lanes wood or syntethic?)

the lanes are synthetic, well it goes on once every month or 2 its a one nite event u pay ,€25 to get in, u start with 2 lives, u get drawn at random to play the first person. each game is over 2 games pinfall if u get me, if u win u go thru , if u lose u lose a life and go into the lower section, do u understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

each game is over 2 games pinfall if u get me, if u win u go thru , if u lose u lose a life and go into the lower section, do u understand?

yeah, I think they call that double elimination
    is it scratch or handicap?

scratch

• Advertisement

ah rite how many lanes there?

theres 6....but its enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bings

Hi There are 12 lanes in wicklow and a number of leagues starting up. A good alley to get experience and worth checking out. I dont work there. Bray bowl is having the lanes resurfaced (wooden lanes) and they are upgrading the center about time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pawnee

"Hi There are 12 lanes in wicklow and a number of leagues starting up. A good alley to get experience and worth checking out. I dont work there. Bray bowl is having the lanes resurfaced (wooden lanes) and they are upgrading the center about time."

I was in bray last week and very little has changed since i worked there about 6 years ago! got rid of some lanes but the machines and lane conditions are the exact same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 woodyb

playing in tralee in my first league (doubles). two nights in and we're topping the table. granted we haven't played the top guys yet but we're lovin it. have an average of 151 and bowled a 234 during the week with a house ball. don't think i'm doing too bad considering the centre is only open 9 months:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bassylynch

Just wondering about bowling leagues around the south east. Im around the gorey area and i used to work in the alley in Courtown so got into bowling then. Top score is 224 and when playing in the last bowling leage about 5 years ago i was throwing an average of 170-175.

ders a bowlin league startin 2mro nite mate if ur interested? in wicklow town? pm me if u want details??

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

My best score is 257 which I put together under the watchful eye of my coach. I'm averaging 160 at the moment but I'd really like to be at about 170. I'm always happy when I put in a 500 series (3 games with a total of 500+)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ray269

My highest score to date is 246, had an average of 155 in a doubles league last year. hoping to improve that to between 165 and 175 this year would love to get up to a 190 average in the next year or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭e21man

Played in Tallaght for 3 years, had an avg of 152 , hadnt played for 10 years and walked into Coolock bowling alley and got a 243(house ball as well). i dont know where it came from had all the local players watching me while i panicked bowling strike after strike. i hadnt played for 9 years as mullingar dont have a bowling alley,mullingar have since built a bowling alley, first time in it got a 213 have now joined the league which is starting next week hopefully i can get my avg up to the 180 which would be nice..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bowlingforsoup

Hey everybody, High game 290 (9 spare, 11 strikes in a row). Had 4 or 5 279s. High 3 game series 762

Advertisement