Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on mysterious mortgage callout.

Options
  • 10-07-2015 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

The letter referred to loans from multiple institutions?

The person didnt identify themself?

Presumably the letter was on headed paper or identifed the sender?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Is it the person close to you who is going through a separation and they got given a letter relating to property that they own with the non resident person they are separating from?

Presumably that person (the non resident one) arranged it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tbh, you're being pretty cloak and dagger with information yourself. If the owner of the property is not resident, then why did the current resident accept a letter for someone else and open it?

If the letter was addressed to your friend but they don't have any debts in relation to properties, then why did they ring the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Hey

Its a marriage seperation. They own multiple properties. One is resident at the family home, the other isn't.

I was just wondering if people had any awareness of random men in suits providing a typed blank page with a list of phone numbers attached to mortgage accounts. I had no idea of this carry on and it doesn't sound right or proper to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Hey

Its a marriage seperation. They own multiple properties. One is resident at the family home, the other isn't.

I was just wondering if people had any awareness of random men in suits providing a typed blank page with a list of phone numbers attached to mortgage accounts. I had no idea of this carry on and it doesn't sound right or proper to me?

How did the recipient of the typed page know what the phone numbers on the page were in relation to? Did it say "Ring this number about this property" - if it did then surely its obvious that the non resident person is behind it? Who else could be if the banks are claiming not to know anything?

I mean personally if a stranger handed me a sheet of paper with phone numbers on it Id bin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

an attempt to make the spouse in the family home acknowledge awareness of the other properties and their debit?

Advertisement