Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MovieExtras, Fair City Exp

• 23-03-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭

Well here it goes, I signed up with movieExtras last summer, I use to get a lot of texts asking if I could do spots and replied at least 90% YES as soon as I got them an always replied either way. Eventually out of frustration from replying to everything and getting offered not one part, I left them a negative review on their FB, which i've since taken down. As soon as I gave them the bad review about the kinda clicky nature I thought was probably the cause of not getting any work I immediately got asked to extra in Fair City for what I was told was between 50-77e for the day and 3 days work.

So I show up with a bag of about 4/5 different sets of clothes and shoes as requested, arrive before i'm due at 9.30 a.m. At which time I have to sign in twice, seperately, once at the door and once when the girl in charge of extras came in, I was there till 4 with an hour break and another short lunch in between. Come about 3.54 the girl in charge calls a few of us by name and says we won't be needing you today and we'll let you know about the other days your suppose to be here and promises she'll sign us out at 4.....a whole 6 mins away, so we get the rate for doing the whole day, which I was told off one of the girls anything over 5hrs is full day, they dont pay for the breaks. This is a bit of a dissapointment but at least i'm getting paid. About 2 weeks go by and I didn't get the other two days I was told to do on the text, and I see on my bank statment I got paid about 46e. I get on to movieExtras to query this and they say everything is fine and that's the rate with deductables, we go back and forward over this and they tell me I was only there 5hrs and 15mins which under their way of looking at is still in the 5hr rate, nothing more. They include a screenshot which shows my sign in sheet where it has my name and 9.30 which is what I did when I filled it on arrival, but in the box beside it, in different handwriting it says 3.45 p.m sign off. So the girl who came in and made a point she'd be generous and give us the 4pm which was only few mins away, went back in and signed the thing earlier then we'd actually left.

On top of this since i've complained movieExtras dont even text me anymore with offers of new work, i've even emailed them again to let them know of my availability and they said I should use this method to contact them from now on because facebook is a public forum......

I would not reccomend anyway sign up this crowd. I was pretty annoyed that everybody else that was an extra when I got there was fairly recent, a lot of them had signed up 2 weeks ago and got this already, I write back to everything and got nothing....shower of ********
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I burnt my toast making breakfast this morn'.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

I have only had positive experiences with Movie Extras. I was a member years ago - around 2003 - and got to go on fair city a few times and did two movies and an advert. I joined again this year and have already been called once. Maybe it had to do with your profile and how much detail you had on it as that is how you will appear on more searches (which is what we were told in training after signing up this time!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Sounds like you probably have a face more suitable for radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You expect me to sympathise with someone who enables fair city to happen?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

were you dressed as a Viking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

So you paid someone to maybe, hopefully give you a spot as an extra.

Yeah, I'd consider it a scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmm I signed up when I was unemployed and got a day for a movie so covered my costs. I got a job soon afterwards so couldn't make any of the other calls.

My wife got around 15 days off them between October to February for a TV series and enjoyed every moment. The money isn't great but if you are available then why not do it. According to the missus Fair City is the gig most of the seasoned extras avoid because it's the worst paid, they don't get food supplied (no catering) and well it's Fair City :D

If you get called up for one of the shows like Vikings or Penny Dreadful you can do ok at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My friend got on penny dreadful and the vikings through them, and I believe he's gonna be on fair city soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

There was a spider in the bath last night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

AryaStark wrote: »
    I have only had positive experiences with Movie Extras. I was a member years ago - around 2003 - and got to go on fair city a few times and did two movies and an advert. I joined again this year and have already been called once. Maybe it had to do with your profile and how much detail you had on it as that is how you will appear on more searches (which is what we were told in training after signing up this time!!!)

Only positive experiences? How many people did you threaten with needle to get work little sister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

:eek: Did you get to meet any of the stars from Fair City?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

TLDR

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Ruu wrote: »

"stars"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ruu wrote: »

You mean failed actors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

I didn't know they had the internet in game of thrones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What happened to minimum wage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

NickMondo wrote: »

On top of this since i've complained movieExtras dont even text me anymore with offers of new work,

That's really surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Only positive experiences? How many people did you threaten with needle to get work little sister?

Everybody!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm aware 'coo story bro' is banned but what else can you say to that? I mean... Wat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement