Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think pets can be like their owners

Options
  • 22-03-2015 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Im starting to notice our house dog picking up some of the missus's traits/habits

Ie sulking if she doesnt get her way, always looking for attension or even farting

Have you had pets that have done this or do you think pets can get habits off their owners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭TheOtherBloke

My fathers Labrador is very similar to him. Fat, grey facial hair and eats absolutely everything. So I think this could be true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

My sister and her dog Minnie have the same fitness regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

No, pets cannot be like their owners. A pets behaviour is, at best, related to a good owner or a bad owner.

There is one exception, however, and that is Linda Martin. Martin's owner is a butch lesbian from Kilkenny and, well, what more can I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Yes.

My nans dog pisses all over herself too.

One of the neighbour's bitches was on heat recently, sent all the local dogs mad!
    The owner was a bit like that down the pub as well. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

No. My cat is so much cooler than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

My dog is house trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Both my husband and one of our dogs are a bit ocd. Pair of oddballs.

Both myself and our other dog are lazy feckers who love our grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I would have thought no , but recently my friends wife recounted this story of their Labrador running at full pelt into a parked car misjudging his position while chasing a cat , the following week the husband while drunk ran to hail a taxi that he thought was moving while it was actually parked.....he too ran full pelt into a parked car.

Therefore I believe that the OPs theory is proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

I think they can be. My dog likes to lie about watching tv and having the odd good scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Dogs totally reflect their owners. I am very laid back & all my dogs have always been totally chilled.

My neighbours dog behaves differently depending on who is walking it. They have the ability to recognise & react to our emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Yup. My dog likes the good life and no stress.....like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

My uncle's dog licks its own balls so you could say he's a lot like his owner alright.

My uncle licks dogs testicles too. He's been arrested for it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    My uncle licks dogs testicles too. He's been arrested for it twice.

:eek::eek::eek: That's disgusting that your uncle's been arrested!

Advertisement