Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Which Area of RDS Arena for Rugby?

Options
  • 23-04-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, My 10 yr old son is playing a little half time match with his club during an up-coming Leinster Game. We've been told they are playing on the south side of the pitch. Here's my problem ... never been to a game in the RDS before so haven't a clue which tickets to buy. The lower part of the South Stand (STH1) is not available. There is availability in the upper part of South Stand (STH2), and some availability in South end of Grand Stand and Angelsea Stand.
    So my question is, which tickets should I buy in order to be able to enjoy the game and also be able to see my son play his little game too. Any help would be most appreciated. Need to buy these in the next couple of days. Many Thanks in Advance. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The lower part of the south stand and upper part are just a ticketmaster thing. The entire south stand is unreserved seating, so a ticket for the south stand lets you sit anywhere. The lower rows fill up early though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have no idea why ticketmaster split that stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bopeep101

Podge_irl wrote: »
    The lower part of the south stand and upper part are just a ticketmaster thing. The entire south stand is unreserved seating, so a ticket for the south stand lets you sit anywhere. The lower rows fill up early though.

Oh Wow. That's great to know! Decision made so, South Stand it is and arrive early!
    Thanks so much for your help!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Good luck to the kid btw.

Thanks :) he is so excited about it! only been playing about a year but rly loves it. Never been to a rugby game ourselves either (other than the mini blitz games our son plays) so rly looking forward to it too :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

The half time mini's get bigger cheers than Leinster sometimes. usually the bottom 2 rows closest to where you come in is taken up with the kids and their families

The half time mini's get bigger cheers than Leinster sometimes. usually the bottom 2 rows closest to where you come in is taken up with the kids and their families

Cool ! Thanks for that info. Gosh he'll be delighted if they get that kind of reaction! Also ur post answers another of my questions. was wondering if the kids would get to see the game or would they have to be off pitch somewhere till they played. that's great to know! cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm not gonna lie, the mini's have been used many a time to decide who has to buy the next round of drinks - whoever sides with the losing team is next up.

Hence why my group of friends and I will always cheer as loudly as possible for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Crash wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie, the mini's have been used many a time to decide who has to buy the next round of drinks - whoever sides with the losing team is next up.

Hence why my group of friends and I will always cheer as loudly as possible for them!
    Yeah, done that too from the Terrace, sometimes next team to score or if it's not going well, next team to knock on. :eek:

Also, I find the standard of refereeing is generally better than that of the main event. Particularly for Rabo games!

South stand is a good spot, but for the day that's in it this weekend, you'll really need to get there early to bag your spot.

Ha ha. oh well win or loose I'm sure the drinks will flow regardless! Hopefully might be the first match of many for us .

• Advertisement

OK So just purchased the tickets for the Match. It's Leinster Vs Ospreys on Fri May 3rd. KO is at 7.45PM, but it doesn't say what time the gates open. Want to arrive early enough to get a seat close enough to see the action. Anyone have any idea how much before the game they open the gates?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

7 would be grand to get a seat I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

We normally arrive into the ground an hour before kick off, have a pint and head in 30-45 mins before the start of the game. That's for the terrace now but I'm sure that's be fine for the stands too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Good god that is a genius idea

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. Attended the match last night vs Ospreys. My son (and hubby and I) had a great time regardless of the cold and rain. Son was so excited to be playing on the same pitch as his idols. Atmosphere was great and the fact Leinster Won made it all the more exciting for him. Hopefully we'll get to do it again next season. Cheers!!! :-)

Advertisement