Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Timetable changes to Finglas, Bray and Greystones bus routes.

Options
  • 07-12-2006 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭

http://www.dublinbus.ie/news_centre/latest_news.asp?action=view&news_id=629
    Weekend Changes

Dublin Bus wish to advise customers of the following changes
    this weekend.

Routes: 40,40A,40B,40C,40D- Full timetable change
    Operative Date: 10th December 2006

Route: 145 - Full timetable change
    Operative Date: 10th December 2006

Route 84X - Timetable and routing change.
    Operative Date: 11th December 2006.

Revised timetables will be available from Friday 8th December 2006.

The Title is a bit confusing, the changes are taking place at the weekend but apply to the weekday and weekend services.

From what I've heard the 145 is getting a higher frequency, it already has a number of regular extras at peak time.

The rumour with the 84X is that it is going to be run all day on an hourly basis and it will be re-routed through the large Charlesland development in Greystones.

If that is true I hope it will be a success, the last attempt at an all-day express on the Maynooth route didn't get enough use and was dropped. The peak time 84X normally provides a very good journey time of around 60mns from the city centre to Greystones.

The 184 was also due to be routed through Charlesland but AFAIK that timetable has not been finalised yet, should happen soon though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jjohnson1984

Anybody know wha tthe story is with the 40's??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Does this mean there will be a Dublin Bus strike?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 78,286 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MrPudding wrote:
    Does this mean there will be a Dublin Bus strike?
    Behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I hope this is true - theres a free shuttle service between Charlesland and greystones station but it only runs in the morning and evening peaks on weekdays. If you arrive on the Dart any other time its a 20+ minute walk along a windswept dual-carriageway (not to mention the long walk to the pub!)

Well they hardly are very generous with their notice are they? I heard there is going to be cuts on the 40B/D (Which will greatly effect me) although nobody in Dublin Bus seems to know there is a new timetable coming out.

• Advertisement

new 145 timetable is up - anyone know why there are no services outbound between 1645 and 1910. So its a high frequency route with no rush hour services??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

loyatemu wrote:
    new 145 timetable is up - anyone know why there are no services outbound between 1645 and 1910. So its a high frequency route with no rush hour services??
    Yes, that is a little bizarre isn't it? Especially seeing as there are buses heading into town an hour earlier at roughly 10 minute intervals .. maybe they're all disappearing into a black hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Alun wrote:
    Yes, that is a little bizarre isn't it? Especially seeing as there are buses heading into town an hour earlier at roughly 10 minute intervals .. maybe they're all disappearing into a black hole?

When DB are putting new timetables onto the web, they appear to do them piecemeal for some reason.

This is definitely not the final 145 timetable - try logging on later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

Did someone say something about a new 141 route, from Swords to Rathmines?
    I assume it would follow the 41 route, and then across the Liffey and up S Gr Georges Dt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

KC61 wrote:
    When DB are putting new timetables onto the web, they appear to do them piecemeal for some reason.

This is definitely not the final 145 timetable - try logging on later today.
    It's changed already.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote:
    It's changed already.

yeah - it's very high frequency. Pretty much every 10 minutes throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Increased frequencies on all of 40/A/C/D. Same frequency on 40B.

Increased services on 84X.

All of the above are on www.dublinbus.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I'm pleased to see the 84X extended. It's a great route, occasionally managing Dublin - Kilcoole in just under an hour at peak time (albeit with an 'enthusiastic' driver). If I remember correctly, it ran throughout the day back in the mid '90s, but was cut back due to lack of passengers. Hopefully the population increase in N Wicklow will prevent that from happening again.

There is some confusion here, Dublin Bus issued a new timetable last night to passengers with no changes on Router 40D with an operative Date of 10th December but on the reverse the marketing blurb going on about the extra services but nobody could see them on the new timetable.

Newspapers have also appeared with the "new" times with the old timetable and a operative date of 10th December. But the Dublin Bus website now seems to have the new timetable on the 40D but with an operative date of September 2005.

I'm guessing the later is corect, but they really have messed this up as I can see the majority of people going by the one in the papers/timetables which is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I'm guessing the later is corect, but they really have messed this up as I can see the majority of people going by the one in the papers/timetables which is wrong.
    While adding timetables for my BusSched app I've seen many problems with the timetables displayed on the web e.g. missing blocks of buses (as seen earlier), typos, duplicate buses. When you speak to the garage you get the correct info, it just gets garbled by the time it gets to the web people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,286 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I´m wondering if this is because someone is taking the "initiative" to edit in the individual changes (and making mistakes) rather than changing the whole thing.

John R wrote:
    ...The 184 was also due to be routed through Charlesland but AFAIK that timetable has not been finalised yet, should happen soon though.

184s have been going through Charlesland this weekend - online timetable is dated 10/12/06 but no mention of Charlesland on it and no publicity from DB.

They appear to be going up to Charlesland then going back towards Greystones before continuing onto Bray or Newtown. Its an odd routing and an annoying diversion for passengers from Delgany and beyond.

Advertisement