Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duping Expensive Makeup!

• 11-11-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

OK so it's a recession (has anyone noticed? Me either) and it's difficult to reconcile having no money with lusting after expensive make up. Enter the magic of dupes. I'm not talking about fakes; I'm talking about stuff you can get in Boots or wherever, which do the job of Benefit, MAC - you get the idea.

So, what are cheaper alternatives to expensive make up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I like 17 as some of the makeup can look as bright as urban decay. I love borjouis foundations as well as boots moisturisers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

For blushes I rarely go beyond Natural Collection stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ilovejames

Some of the no7 blushes are nearly identical to the MAC blushes, theres one called candy pink or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

ilovejames wrote: »
    Some of the no7 blushes are nearly identical to the MAC blushes, theres one called candy pink or something.

I agree there, there's a really bright coral one that makes for a brighter Benefit Coralista. No.7 also have an illuminator that's meant to be very like Benefit's Highbeam also. I have loads of the No.7 brushes and love them; have to admit I've never used MAC but I take all the stuff off at the end of the day anyway so I'll live!
    Benetint is so dupable that it's a shame that people waste the money really; Bodyshop have one, MEMEME (Superdrug) have one, and Model's Own have one. I have the Model's Own one and I love the colour, it's more difficult to blend but at E7.50 I'll give it a lash! Model's Own blusher is also definitely worth looking at; lovely colours when on, big pans of it, good pigment (but not too pigmented) - great.
    Also, this is a little off topic, but 17's Shine On (?) lipstick in Flirty is so lovely, my absolute favourite lipstick, no direct dupe for it or anything but have to mention it. Doesn't stay on long, but what stuff you put on your lips does? Definitely have a look, so so pretty!

Advertisement