Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cpanel being blocked by router after incorrect password

Options
  • 05-12-2013 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Usually I update a public website using cpanel.

But two thinks are happening now:
    1) I have the correct username & password, but sometimes it takes 2/3 login attempts before I am successful. I'm have the acc info saved in Chrome.

2) When I get several unsuccessful login attempts the router seems to block my access to the site and the only thing I can do is reset the router.

I know the acc info is correct and why is the router blocking the site after failed login attempts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

What is the error message from the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

There is no error that I know of. I only believe that the router is the issue as everything returns to normal after the router is reset.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Do you get a new IP address from your ISP when you reset the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

mmm.... I didn't check that. But I can only assume I did. Which means the cpanel is blocking my IP and not the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

do you have CPHulk or any other brute force protection on Cpanel?

• Advertisement
Advertisement