Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake tan for a redhead

Options
  • 26-04-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Ok, I'm a 24 year old redhead that has never worn fake tan. Tbh I don't think it looks right on redheads.

Only problem is I've to wear this sky blue coloured dress next weekend and my skin looks terribly white (not even pale in it) so it looks like I'm going to have to give the old fake tan a try.

I've seen the spray tan done on friends before and it looked good, I'm just worried that it will look too dark on me (my hair is very ginger)

Can anyone recommend a good fake tan that doesn't make me look like an idiot.......?

All suggestions welcome....

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The Dove body lotion with a hint of fake tan (the light one) would be ideal, use it instead of your usual moisturiser and it builds up a very very subtle colour over a few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Dolorous is right on the money, definitely use one of the gradual tanners. I'm very very very white all the time and I've used the Nivea one. It's great, really subtle, just gives your skin a bit more of a glow about it.

I got a spray tan done before and it just didn't suit me at all, some of us just aren't designed to look tanned whether it's real or fake!

I wouldn't use the Johnson's one though, the colour of that is a bit odd I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Sally Henson in the lightest shade might be an idea to try! I'm quite fair and it suits me. I'm not redhead though so I dunno if it would suit! Hope you find something that works for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

+1 for the dove. If its your first time wearing tan you might be better off using one with a guide colour so you can see where you're putting it on. St. Tropez has this or St. moritz which they sell in penneys - Im fair and I use both these but they might be slightly darker than you want.

For a cheaper alternative to Sally Hansen I bought Almay bare it all legs in a €2 shop (in Ennis but might be stocked in others) last week - it seems to be a similar product but Id be worried it might rub off on the pale dress.

another option is to buy Mac Face and Body which is like a foundation for your body to cover veins etc - I think your best bet would be to try out the dove - just make sure youve exfoliated first though and maybe get a friend to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dresstoimpress

l'oreal sublime bronze shimmer in medium
    Its tinted so very easy to apply and comes out a lovely golden colour rather than orange. Put it on at night and shower the next morning lasts for about 3 showers after this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

+1 on the sally hansen for fair skin.

My friend is very fair skinned, with reddish blonde hair and she uses it. I know technically its only for your legs but alot of people use it all over. Its more of a liquid foundation kind of consistency but it dries nicely and is very easy to apply.

I think its definately your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

As a fellow red head i would reccommend one of the gradual tanners. I personally use the Johnson one and never had a problem with it. Just keeps the coats light and build it to the colour you want.

I have also heard that Sally Hansen is very good!! As for a spray tan you can get them done in lighter colours but with that dress a nice light tan from the gradual tanners would be best

Sally x

Do a test run! I've only faked it once, and i ended up looking like a radioactive xena warrior princess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tily

Ya the light coloured sally hanson tan is very light, I'm quite fair and I use it, it doesnt even look like a tan, it's just a very light colour, its really nice so you could try that, but make sure and get the light one!!
    If you decide to get it done in a beauticans make sure and tell them what you want, that you just wana be light brown, and get it done a day or 2 beforehand so it can fade a bit.
    But sally is way cheaper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

Thanks a million! I gave the Dove one a go this morning and so far so good! Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement