Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Sevens really as good as they say????

• 20-11-2008 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm thinking of investing in a pair of sevens for all mankind or citizen jeans. I wear jeans most of the time so I don't mind spending the money. Are they really as good as the hype about them says??? I'm not twiggy! A size 12/14 with a tummy, and I'm 5ft 4". :

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Yes they are ,i have about 10 pairs of sevens and love them all,the best thing to do is try them n to see which style suits you and then see if anybody on honestforum or denimdna is selling the same pair.Please dont pay the prices were are being charged here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Yes. Without a doubt the best jeans I ever invested in. If I could afford to, Id wear just sevens! Go for it! Youll be converted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 silvergirl

That sounds great. I'm going to the states next week with some girlfriends and intend in buying a couple of pairs. I've set aside one whole day dedicated to jeans. I should be able to get them for a little less there I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

You can pick them up in marshalls and tjmaxx for about $100 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Definitely worth it!! Bought three pairs in the states last year and they are the most comfortable and flattering jeans ever! Bought three different styles, but they were so cheap. I got two pairs in Macys New York for €19 each. Know anyone going to the States?:D

• Advertisement

mrsberries wrote: »
    Definitely worth it!! Bought three pairs in the states last year and they are the most comfortable and flattering jeans ever! Bought three different styles, but they were so cheap. I got two pairs in Macys New York for €19 each. Know anyone going to the States?:D

Sorry, just saw you mentioned you are going to the states! And the best thing is you can buy half sizes (got a size 11!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

mrsberries wrote: »

Are you sure they were 7 for all Mankind? There's another brand with a similar name - Seven or something, that are much cheaper. I tried on a few pairs (in Macy's) and was disappointed after all the good things I had heard about 7 for all Mankind. It was only afterwards, when it was too late:( I realised they were different brands.

OP you should definitely try on a few pairs and see how they feel, they won't suit everyone, but when they fit right they look great. I love Rock and Republic jeans, but they don't sit right on me, I tried on around 20 pairs and not one of them looked right, I found 7 for all Mankind better suited to my shape. I got a pair in Saks for €130 (I don't remember the $ price, think it was around $200, but that's how much they worked out at on my CC).

Are you sure they were 7 for all Mankind? There's another brand with a similar name - Seven or something, that are much cheaper. I tried on a few pairs (in Macy's) and was disappointed after all the good things I had heard about 7 for all Mankind. It was only afterwards, when it was too late:( I realised they were different brands.

Definitely them!! There was a huge sale in Macys, it was around Thanks Giving, and with the extra 11% they give you off - they were a huge bargain!!
    Cant believe the huge price difference from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Siobhers

oh i love love love my 7s!! i actually dont mind my bum in them which is nothing short of miraculous!!

$19 is an amazing price for Sevens. I'm budgeting for a bit more than that about $150 or $200 however, if I saw a deal like that I'd bring 10 or 20 pairs. :D

I'm heading to Macys and Saks first and we'll see how it goes from there!

Shoes I suppose.........mmmmmmmm

• Advertisement

If you are going to New York also try Century 21. They had lots of pairs there too. Its right beside Ground Zero.

Yeah..Century 21. Know it well from previous visits. Must say I'm not looking forward to that one. It can be a bit of hassel just to find something (so much stuff to go throught before you find what you want). Definately a place to bring your elbows;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

I think the advice on 7's is to buy the tightest pair you can get to close as they do stretch slightly.

The RRP stateside is between $160-250 or thereabouts so would expect a good bargain to be viewed as roughly half this price.

I am not sure they suit everybody though -important to try on a lot of their styles and 'try' to be objective!:)

From what I've been told is that 7's feel great to wear which is something one cannot say for all jeans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Guvnor wrote: »
    I think the advice on 7's is to buy the tightest pair you can get to close as they do stretch slightly.

I didn't do this and my pair are too big for me. I bought a pair of Joe's Jeans in America which I did really like though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I tried on my normal size jeans in a pair of sevens today and they fit fine, but the advice here seems to be to see if I can fit into a size lower or two due to stretching??

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

whats the story with american sizing? and can u buy these jeans in Dublin? thank u :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

yes you can get them here in the likes of BT2 etc.

also, ladies if you do not feel like slpashing the cash on these babies, try Oasis for jeans - they are brill and wash really well - try amber or scarlett (there the styles) they are the closest to my sevens i could find

Advertisement