Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bar Keepers Friend stainless steel scratch remover - where to buy in Dublin centre?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Dealz have Astonish oven and cookware cleaner paste, for 1.49 works really well on stainless steel and aluminium.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thanks, any idea if it removes scratches?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Depends on how bad they are I guess, Bad scratches take a lot of polishing.
    Stainless is tough stuff and not easy to remove scratches from.
    That Astonish is pretty good stuff, I use it on Motorcycle exhausts which are notoriously hard to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

I have and use Barkeepers Friend and it is good for cleaning stainless steel, especially for removing stains. For finer scratches you could try Autosol metal polish (any motor factors or Halfords) which is great too and gives a high polish on most metals so handy to have anyway.

I have and use Barkeepers Friend and it is good for cleaning stainless steel, especially for removing stains. For finer scratches you could try Autosol metal polish (any motor factors or Halfords) which is great too and gives a high polish on most metals so handy to have anyway.

Where did you buy it? There seem to be a good variety on sale and I'm not sure the one in DID is the same.

I'm looking specifically for this one:

200px-BarKeepersFriend.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

I bought a few containers a number of years ago when I saw it on special in Lidl or Aldi of all places, but it came in a plastic container, with a blue flip up cap. But I have seen it in Woodies and supermarkets since, shouldn't be that hard to get.

Yeah not much luck in the city centre, suburbia usually have the best choice of stores.

Perhaps some of the hardware stores might have it on Capel Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Ring Exspretise in Tullamore they have it and they are on the net

If they have it Tullamore there's bound to be a store selling it in the capital city :)

Got sorted in Lenehans on Capel St.. cheers all

• Advertisement
Advertisement