Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blinds

• 17-09-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommended where to buy window blinds in South Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Brego888 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommended where to buy window blinds in South Dublin?

Are you looking to put them up yourself or are you looking to have them supplied and installed by someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

I'm looking to get wooden blinds made to order which i would put up myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Brego888 wrote: »
    I'm looking to get wooden blinds made to order which i would put up myself

I wouldn't know of anywhere to recommend for that, sorry.

Hopefully someone on here can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Glinda

I used a company called myblinds.ie (based in Dun Laoghaire I think) and found them excellent. I just entered the measurements online and they made the blinds to measure. They followed up with a couple of phone calls to check I had measurements exactly right etc. We were very happy with the price and the service. They even have videos on their website showing you how to put the blinds up, which of course my other half didn't need because he is the DIY master :p

Hi Glinda
    Yes I had looked them up earlier and they seem quite reasonably priced. I wasn't sure how good the company was though. How long did they take to deliver? And do they have a shop in Dun laoghaire or is it just online?

• Advertisement

Hi Glinda
    Yes I had looked them up earlier and they seem quite reasonably priced. I wasn't sure how good the company was though. How long did they take to deliver? And do they have a shop in Dun laoghaire or is it just online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I've used myblinds a few times, 4 times to be exact... I found it hard to find someone who made blinds for my windows because they are so wide (2.4m) and these guys were excellent and great value. Order took about 10 days, they will send you samples within a few days which I would highly recommend because I bought a grey coloured blind it arrived in a more blue colour than I expected.

overall: good site, good service, good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

http://www.goldenpages.ie/value-blinds-claregalway/1/

These guys did my timber blinds, I would recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭megan2013

Blinds2U have great autumn discounts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Glinda

They delivered by courier, within a few days. I never went to their premises, so I don't know if they have an actual shop, but after my online order was placed the rest of my dealings were over the phone and they were a pleasure to deal with.

I don't know anyone else who's used them though, so maybe I was lucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭megan2013

We used Blinds2u.ie about 2 years and the quality is fantastic. Our blinds still look the same as on the first day

Just to bump this informative thread. I need to get blackout blinds for all the bedrooms, and blinds downstairs too. Would anybody have recommendations on special offers/ good value businesses for November/December 2017? Grma/Tks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

247blinds.ie

70% off till 30th, free delivery over €149

Advertisement