Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR 2013 Higher Education Access Route

Options

Comments

Got my letter! Eligible :) Sigh of relief..

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Got mine too thank god

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Anybody else not get a letter? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I didn't get it. Repeating, here I come.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You have a lot more faith in the Irish postal system than I would have. Give it another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I got the letter, but I didn't meet the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

when are the DARE letters coming out? Around the same time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carmelmcg

Got letter to say I got Hear, over the moon but what happens now? my 1st choice is DCU, will I know the day the CAO points come out if I got my 1st choice. Do CAO link up with Hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Got my letter, eligible :) Pretty certain of getting my course regardless but glad of the assurance haha. Also, a couple of my friends didn't get a letter yet, don't fret. You'll get it tomorrow/soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 whateverusay

got my letter, they said im not eligible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CNR94

So what exactly does being eligible actually mean? Basically that your name will be put in for one of the HEAR spaces on the course you've chosen, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Just got the letter, I'm eligible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ladie

Eligible :-D do we just have to wait now till the results before we hear anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Also got that letter yesterday & I'm eligible :) Anyone know what the whole 'Residential' thing means? No idea how it works :P

Residential means to do with where someone lives.
    Is this in reference to the HEAR orientation days? You are expected to 'live in' during them.

For the earlier poster who asked what 'eligible' means, it means you fulfil the requirements and qualify to be considered for the HEAR access route.

spurious wrote: »
    Residential means to do with where someone lives.
    Is this in reference to the HEAR orientation days? You are expected to 'live in' during them.

For the earlier poster who asked what 'eligible' means, it means you fulfil the requirements and qualify to be considered for the HEAR access route.

I was thinking that but it gave the dates 25-28th August & to live in or on campus accommodation. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    Also got that letter yesterday & I'm eligible :) Anyone know what the whole 'Residential' thing means? No idea how it works :P

For the orientation, or whatever the thing is called :P you have to stay on campus for the few dates it says on the letter. They provide the accommodation for free and there's activities etc. I think they also pay for food, I'm not sure. :P

For the orientation, or whatever the thing is called :P you have to stay on campus for the few dates it says on the letter. They provide the accommodation for free and there's activities etc. I think they also pay for food, I'm not sure. :P

Ahhh perfect! Okay thank you so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

I haven't got a letter yet. I applied on time and sent everything. Should I be worried?

Btw I got accepted last year so I should be accepted this year too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Nerd1

If they're not posted out before the 1st of July, (closing date, Change of Mind on CAO), I would ring up and they'll tell you over the phone if you've gotten it or not.
    That's what I did last year. ;)

Do you mean you ring up to aske wether you got the course place ,or wether or not you are accepted as HEAR applicant??Got accepted ,want to get into DT204-anyone else for the same choice??
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Thankfully I am eligible!
    Now, I wonder what are my chances of Medicine with a 175 HPAT? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

What are the chances I'll get into NUIG science if I get around 360 points with HEAR? Last year it was 380 but could rise more
    I really want this course but didn't really try and I'm nervous now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

So I am eligible for HEAR. I have 175 HPAT and expect 540-550 in the Leaving ( My poorest results ever, just to be clear). What are my chances for NUIG Medicine?
    If there is any other Med people eligible for HEAR pm me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Hi guys I'm gona be one of the leaders looking after students for the UCD HEAR orientation this year so if anyone has any questions in regards to that feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

how will you know its a HEAR offer ? will it say it on the CAO offer acceptance part or how do you know ?

Any college course you receive will be a HEAR place, if you're accepted for HEAR. :)

The likes of GCD, DBS, ITT etc, any that don't take part in HEAR, won't be. :P

Correct me if I'm mistaken, anyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Any college course you receive will be a HEAR place, if you're accepted for HEAR. :)

ah thats good thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Um I could also be wrong but I was under the impression that even if you were accepted for HEAR, it doesn't mean you're guaranteed a place? Likewise with if you got 500 points for a 400 points course, you wouldn't need HEAR?

• Advertisement

Um I could also be wrong but I was under the impression that even if you were accepted for HEAR, it doesn't mean you're guaranteed a place? Likewise with if you got 500 points for a 400 points course, you wouldn't need HEAR?

HEAR just isn't for points reduction! Financial side of it, etc. :P

Advertisement