Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

We are brutal alright, dont know what that says about the teams beneath us in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

CiaranC wrote: »
    I think we are going to have big problems holding on to Mr Twigg in July

Yup, and far more worrying is how dependant we are on him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Mansaram couldn't kick the ball if it was glued to his foot in the first half and then tore Price and Maguire apart in the second. Floodlit robbery to win, 3-1 very flattering.

When O'Connor came off, it could've been any of Bradley, Robinson and maybe even Amond.

Twigg had been frustratingly mistiming his jumps all night...until the 87th minute.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

3-1 was extremely flattering last night. It was obviously not working from about 10mins in. The 2nd half in particular Duggan just kept belting ball out and up to Twigg and Amond. Baffling considering they hadn't won a header all evening. I thought Amond was good in the first half and ran out of steam in the second.

Overall the midfield was absent again. Nobody showing for the ball and giving any options bringing it out. The defense have no choice but to hoof it as they have no targets. The worst player on the night was without doubt Robbo. Just what has happened to him. He was shocking last night. Its one thing being off form its another looking totally dis-interested in doing anythign about it. The Dundalk midfield looked good in the 2nd half as we had nobody in there looking to fight for the game apart from Rice in his odd moment.

The big quesiton is now what does MON do about Robbo. Does he drop him? In doing that he surely has to take the captancy away and give it to Rice but will that destroy his confidence even more? Is Robbo now a luxury player who you need 2 Stephen Rice's playing in behind!

I think Podge did OK, but he didn't have the physicality to deal with the defence. The distribution from defence is killing us - time and time, the ball was being given straight back to Dundalk. Duggan is not controlling the box - last night was a disaster in waiting. Not sure MON should punish Baz for what was mostly Aidan's mistake. Very worryingly, Darragh and especially Twiggy are carrying the team a lot. Not sure what will happen when Twiggy runs out of steam, given that he must have nearly played over a season now in real terms. His phenomenal streak must surely be getting noticed back in Scotland. Honestly can't see him here next season.

Some silly abuse of MON near me, most within earshot of the man. I'm almost tempted to believe that the players are getting a little intimidated at home, whether by all the hoopla or the crowd, or at least little nervous. Sounds stupid but why else the weird disparity between away and home performances?

Optimistic bit: right result at The Cross and the Showgrounds and Rovers could go second on Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Broke my heart last night at the game and easily summed up our season so far. From another supporters point of view ill be very interested : Darren Mansaram !!!!

THE MOST FRUSTRATING/WORST striker EVER ! ! ????

Think Mansaram wasn't that bad myself. Quite imposing and put a lot of pressure on our centre-halves, Price in particular. Probably needs more to show for it at the end though.

It must be an ongoing thing with Mansaram. I began to think that a Dundalk fan was going to go on the pitch and substitute him themselves if Connor wasn't going to do it with the abuse he was getting...somewhat justified...then he was all over us in the second half..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

What exactly is the problem with finishing off inferior teams at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

What exactly is the problem with finishing off inferior teams at home?

He's back !!!!

• Advertisement

New stadium, new manager, prestige-friendlies, and a win over Boez.

You must feel like that Japanese WWII soldier that emerged from the jungle after 30 years., ONYD. :D

stovelid wrote: »
    New stadium, new manager, prestige-friendlies, and a win over Boez.

You must feel like that Japanese WWII soldier that emerged from the jungle after 30 years., ONYD. :D

6 months is a long time in cyberspace when you call the mods on casual racism!!

Hard to believe how far we have come so fast. We need to get that bloody second stand up asap while the buzz is still in Tallaght.

Hard to believe how far we have come so fast. We need to get that bloody second stand up asap while the buzz is still in Tallaght.

I know it's on the Ultras forum, but anyway..seems ages ago..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Preview of Tallaght Staudium on BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/europe/8102205.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"**** Dessie Baker, you're just a **** Dessie Baker" :)

Quality, quality stuff. The publicity the club is getting from all this is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

They should have plenty of TV companies knocking on the door for this one if it goes ahead. Good luck to them and hope they make a fortune out of it

Platinum One will take any TV money, Rovers will be paid a flat fee.

Its the exposure that is priceless.

"**** Dessie Baker, you're just a **** Dessie Baker" :)

Quality, quality stuff. The publicity the club is getting from all this is amazing.

The publicity benefits have already far exceeded the proposed game itself (whether it goes ahead or not) so far.You seriously could not buy that kind of brand recognition and press.

edit: snap Ciaran...

Exactly, even if Rovers were to make a loss at this match it would be well worth it.

It's definately going ahead though, expect confirmation by Thursday, everything's in place just waiting for the FAI to rubberstamp it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any word on tickets lads? I presume everyone in Tallaght will be after them. What's the best way to get my hands on 4 or 5? Family day out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Great boost for Wickla tourism. :p

Dave! wrote: »
    Any word on tickets lads? I presume everyone in Tallaght will be after them. What's the best way to get my hands on 4 or 5? Family day out !

Again, its a P1 gig. The Ticketmaster shuffle is your only bet.

Only 100% guarenteed way will be to be a season ticket holder.

I'm sure there'll be some that go on general sale via ticketmaster, but I'd imagine they'll be gone in seconds.

st2.jpg

Only 100% guarenteed way will be to be a season ticket holder.

I'm sure there'll be some that go on general sale via ticketmaster, but I'd imagine they'll be gone in seconds.

Would season tickets count?:confused:

dfx- wrote: »

Do you mean members that don't take up the free season ticket and pay in? I doubt they would be left short?

dfx- wrote: »

Season ticket holders and members will get an option on tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hard to believe there's still talk of this friendly when we actually played tonight.

3-0 win in Drogheda. Tiger x2 and baker with a beaut.

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Hard to believe there's still talk of this friendly when we actually played tonight.

3-0 win in Drogheda. Tiger x2 and baker with a beaut.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60730957&postcount=56

touché

Voltwad wrote: »
    touché

:)

Predictable as in we're easily putting away teams like Drogheda away, but can't seem to do it at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Season ticket holders and members will get an option on tickets.

Whats teh situation on the 2nd stand? Will they have it ready in time?

Stekelly wrote: »
    It's due to be ready in september, I presume you mean will they have it ready in time for the second half of a title challenging season and cup run :)

Not until autumn.

SDDC are supposed to be providing temporary seating at both goal ends. Hopefully they'll stay as well as the new East stand.

• Advertisement

Not until autumn.

SDDC are supposed to be providing temporary seating at both goal ends. Hopefully they'll stay as well as the new East stand.

What would that have the capacity at then?(with 4 stands)

I assume they buy the temp seats and not rent them? In fairness I cant see them getting much use when the other stand is in.

What would that have the capacity at then?(with 4 stands)

I assume they buy the temp seats and not rent them? In fairness I cant see them getting much use when the other stand is in.

Current stand is 3500. East stand will be 3000. Media are reporting that the temporary seats will bring the current capacity up to 10k. Have no clue about how it will come about or if seats could stay. Maybe they could be left like in Richer? Sure it will be clarified when the announcement is made in the next day or two.

A full capacity stadium could be used for cup finals, other friendlies, and under-age internationals, as well as other municipal events. Would look the business too.

A full capacity stadium could be used for cup finals, other friendlies, and under-age internationals, as well as other municipal events. Would look the business too.

A full wrap around permenant bowl would be fantastic too. filling the cornrs would add another couple of thousand.:)

What I meant was that if Platinum One take control and pay Rovers a fee, will members and season ticket holders get an option to have an option or P1 just sell everything through Ticketmaster without qualification.

Obviously if Rovers are in control, there'd be that 'priority'.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/805-hoops-offer-real-deal
    Monday, 15 June 2009 12:58

Shamrock Rovers have launched a Half Term Hoops’ season ticket package for their remaining 2009 Premier Division games at Tallaght Stadium. As well as covering the Hoops’ home fixtures, this package also guarantees purchasers first option and early access to tickets for all three games in the club’s forthcoming Festival of Football.
    Great win last night, I wonder why we cant do it at home.

• Advertisement

Its our first season in Tallaght, it's not going to be a fortress right away. Unfortunately we aren't Arsenal at the Emirates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nice finish for the second one

Stand will be up in September. Its not Rovers or SDCC's job to provide once off facilities for the ole ole brigade.

Stand will be up in September. Its not Rovers or SDCC's job to provide once off facilities for the ole ole brigade.

Seamus is going to browned off...

Seamus Moran, the secretary of United's Mayo supporters club, said: "There are a lot of people in Ireland who support Ronaldo, especially the young girls. He is a heartthrob, and you could fill the stadium in Tallaght with screaming teenage girls alone. I have to say, though, that the venue is totally inappropriate in terms of size. They should move the game to Croke Park and they would fill it."

That chap's gaff should be pelted with LOI stamped eggs

Seamus is going to browned off...

Seamus Moran, the secretary of United's Mayo supporters club, said: "There are a lot of people in Ireland who support Ronaldo, especially the young girls. He is a heartthrob, and you could fill the stadium in Tallaght with screaming teenage girls alone. I have to say, though, that the venue is totally inappropriate in terms of size. They should move the game to Croke Park and they would fill it."

His email is easily found on Google if anyone wants to discuss the point with him.

Why a bogger Man U fans opinion on a game between an Irish and Spanish side is deemed relevant is anyones guess.

The ole ole brigade are only coming because Rovers are bringing a decent team for a game.

But of course usual sniping remarks from the only real fans in world football and can so obviously do without the money these teams and fans bring is the best that can be obtained.

But hey, who wants to endear themelves to the general public and anctually build a fan base when you can spend your time moaning about how hard you have it and try your best to drive away anyone that dares suppose the evil British game

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I believe Monday July 20th is the date for the Real Madrid match..

We'll be quite okay with the money and presence that our own fans will supply

• Advertisement
Advertisement