Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Same drivers, different quote??

Options
  • 26-06-2008 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

:confused::confused:

Car 998cc Yaris
    A
    Insured: 52 M, Full>5yrs NCB>5yrs, 0 points
    Add 1: 45 F, Full, spouse, car 1598cc, 0 points
    Add 2: 21 M, Full, son, 0 points

Comp + Fully protected + Journeywise = €815

B
    Insured: 45 F, Full<5yrs NCB>5yrs, 0 points
    Add 1: 52 M, Full, spouse, car 1598cc, 0 points

Comp + Fully protected + Journeywise = €731

Car 1598cc Astra
    C
    Insured: 52 M, Full>5yrs NCB>5yrs, 0 points
    Add 1: 45 F, Full, spouse, car 1598cc, 0 points

Comp + Fully protected + Journeywise = €1139

D
    Insured: 45 F, Full<5yrs NCB>5yrs, 0 points
    Add 1: 52 M, Full, spouse, car 1598cc, 0 points

Comp + Fully protected + Journeywise = €1021 (Up over €200 since April)

A+D = €1836
    B+C = €1870

So it appears that money can be saved not only by shopping around but by checking out who drives which car!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

ninty9er wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

So it appears that money can be saved not only by shopping around but by checking out who drives which car!!

While you are technically insuring all the drivers correctly, your cheaper quotes come from naming the female as the main driver, and as the female (i assume) is in a lower risk category, the quote is lower as the insurance company is now assuming that the car will be driven by her for the mostpart.

I think (i'm open to correction) insurance companies *can* refuse to pay out if they discover that the main driver turns out to be someone other than the one on the policy.
    For example, using the quote with the female as main to get cheaper insurance for the 19 year old who will be driving the car mostly.

However I've never heard of them refusing to pay out.

Advertisement