Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old house smell

Options
  • 19-09-2014 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Any ideas on how to get rid of an Old house smell. The place is small and well aired...vents in each room and windows are opened each day for a few hours. The place is as clean as a whistle but it still has that "old house smell" which is not bad but would be better without it.
    Any ideas on how to freshen up.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Baking soda is very good for absorbing odours. Sprinkle it everywhere you can and leave for a day then Hoover/sweep up

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is there wall-to-wall carpets?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'd put money on the carpets. If changing old smelly carpets you need to dump out the underlay too.
    Also 20 year old wallpaper holds smells

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Projectx

Not a carpet in sight . The floors are wood and tiles and all the walls are painted.

Do I sprinkle the baking soda over the floors or do I leave containers of it around the room.

Thanks.

Advertisement