Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download speeds

Options
  • 24-09-2008 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Move into new house recently and finally got wireless sorted last week, got ntl package and for the first few days was downloading at 1mbps on avg peaked at 2mbps. All of a sudden the wireless is giving me trouble, when i connect alot of the time it says local access only(no internet). and when i do connect my download speeds have struggled to get over 50kbps, any ideas? i haven't changed any of the settings on my laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Wireless can be tempermental, plug it in via cable and see if it makes a difference if not its more than likely just bad signal, if theres no difference either the place your downloading from has gotten stingy or NTl have, i'm with eircom and i harass them whenever my net is acting funny, they went through a phase of disconnecting the broadband for no reason a while back.:mad:

Also a friend of mine found that during peak hours of the day with ntl his connection got fairly crappy, sometimes even disconnected!!

Advertisement