Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few Q's Ferguson fe35??

• 12-12-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

Was having a chatting with a couple of friends about my fe35 ones tvo and ones diesel, ive done a few jobs to the tvo and she's running well and im going painting her now, the debate we couldn't agree on is the grey the FE35 is painted and the oil grades used in the engine and hydraulics.

So I said id put it to the public and see what you have to say.

Thanks for any info...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I use big standard 15w/40 engine oil in the old 4 cylinder Fergie engines, and 80 grade mineral gear oil in the back end. Try to avoid synthetic oils with detergents, they can clean the craps from inside the back end and run it through the pump for the lift... Banjaxed pump is possible.

As for colour, it's a tricky subject. I know that on a 20, there are about 5 different grey shades that are 'right', and the later MF colours are easy. Ive seen everything from dark copper to yellowy gold on an FE35. Best bet is to use an MF dealer, as they still sell the paints, as per manufacturer.

Hope this helps

Edit: engine oil refers to the diesel...back end is for both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭John J. Lyons

TrailerBob wrote: »
    I use big standard 15w/40 engine oil in the old 4 cylinder Fergie engines, and 80 grade mineral gear oil in the back end. Try to avoid synthetic oils with detergents, they can clean the craps from inside the back end and run it through the pump for the lift... Banjaxed pump is possible.

As for colour, it's a tricky subject. I know that on a 20, there are about 5 different grey shades that are 'right', and the later MF colours are easy. Ive seen everything from dark copper to yellowy gold on an FE35. Best bet is to use an MF dealer, as they still sell the paints, as per manufacturer.

Hope this helps

Edit: engine oil refers to the diesel...back end is for both

What year is the tvo . We have one its 1958 and it's the same colour grey as the 3 cylinder diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ntgar

What year is the tvo . We have one its 1958 and it's the same colour grey as the 3 cylinder diesel

Thanks for the replies,

Both tractors are 1957

Advertisement