Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citroen dispatch spare key not working.

• 14-06-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,
    I bought a Citroen dispatch recently but the spare key does not work. The master key has a button that works the central locking, the spare key does not have this button. When I insert spare key in ignition it will not start the engine. It also sets off the alarm if I try to open the doors with it when locked. Is this just a chip that needs reprogramming or is the key no more use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Year? Engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

It has lost it's code so needs to be re coded. This happens after a long time of not using the spare key all keys should be rotated to help stop this.

Hope that helps your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnno1970

Thanks for that. It's a 2006 1.9d. Would this have to be re-coded at a main dealers? Any idea of the cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

johnno1970 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. It's a 2006 1.9d. Would this have to be re-coded at a main dealers? Any idea of the cost?

I have never bothered getting 2 cars it happened to me on always meant to but sure never bothered:pac:.

It shouldn't be to expensive main dealer would be the easiest in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

johnno1970 wrote: »

Just going by what a ford garage quoted me recently your probably looking at 40-60 euro roughly could be more could be less. If your around Dublin you could try autokey I recently used them and found them great should be cheaper too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

As said above you more than lightly will need your key recoded...that's if the chip is in the fob..?

You can either go into your local Citroen garage and ask for a "fixed" price to recode your key..
    or
    Get someone with Peugeot/citroen diagnostics to reprogram the key for you...Note...You will need your transponder code to reprogram the key which costs around €30 from the dealers.
    or
    Get your local locksmiths to read the code from your original (working) key and code in your second key...its worth a try...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

What Row said....except you may already have the transponder code .
    It should have been given on a card to the 1st buyer of the vehicle and may still be in the glovebox, or even written down somewhere.

The dealers used to have this code themselves, but Citroen introduced a new system a while back whereby the dealer has to pay Citroen to retrieve the code. This is why they will charge you around €30 for the code.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Not all spare keys have a chip.
    The spare for my Focus hasn't got one, so is strictly to open the doors should you manage to lock your keys inside.
    Having said that, there's no way of knowing without seeing the keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

That's whats known as a 'valet key'.
    Presumably you still have 2 other keys complete with transponders and this is a 3rd key ????...

....because you should have got them when you bought the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnno1970

o,k

• Advertisement
Advertisement