Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sealey garage heater cutting out

• 17-12-2014 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

hi all , ive recently bought a second hand sealey kerosene garage heater model number AB100 ,

it worked away fine for a while then one day it just stopped , i checked and changed the usual suspects filter , jet , electrodes , photocell etc ,

i even flushed out the tank and replaced the inline filter in case any contamination might be blocking it ,

it will now start and run from cold for approximately 30 mins , goes great and doesn't throw out any fumes or excess flames then all of a sudden without warning it will stop or sometimes it will start to slow down as if dying or running out of fuel and stop , both times the fuel is full and flowing through the filter correctly ,

im at my wits end with the blasted thing as i have a van to paint and i need a bit of heat in the garage right now ,

does anyone know of anyone in the sligo / leitrim area that might look at it for me ??

or does anyone have any inkling as to what the problem might be ??

im ready to chuck it in the skip at this stage except a new one is tight money that i dont have this side of xmas !!!

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks .

regards terry .:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Robbed from Reddy Parts page:
    I am going to list some of the reasons that will cause a shutdown in the order of incidence, in our shop anyway.
    Water in the fuel – people love to buy parts… but this is a free fix, just drain the tank. Shine a flashlight in the tank & look for water droplets & trash.
    The pump pressure not set to specs. There is not a fudge factor here. Instructions for setting the pump pressure are at http://reddyparts.com/pressure.htm .
    The air pumps on the old style heaters could be adjusted to suit the operator’s nose. If the heater smells just adjust the pressure a little until it smells good. Not so with the new heaters- you adjust to suit the computer, not you.
    Air leak. If there is a crack in the plastic end cover, air line, fuel line, or nozzle adapter. These conditions create a lean mixture--poor flame color
    Defective or worn nozzle. Desa warns about annual replacement in their manuals. Depending on annual “hours used” this may or may not be your problem.
    Defective control board and/or photocell. Eliminate all of the above reasons for your heater’s failure before blaming the electronics.
    Incorrect fuel- burn kerosene or diesel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

The last owner may have settings changed as may have been running it on wine, is it kerosene you are using op?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

yes pure kerosene , i have an idea that the last owner may have been chucking green diesel and burnt oil mixed into it !!!

it seems strange though that it will start and run so well for up to a half an hour then cut out ???!!!

Advertisement