Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David brown 990

• 11-12-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I got a db 990 a few weeks back. It's been running sweet up till this week.
    I changed the back end oil it was fairly milky and changed the engine oil and all filters.
    The lift has started acting up. Lift will only go up when leaver is in the down position, doesn't matter if it is in tcu, draft, or height. It's like it is stuck in tcu.
    Anyone have suggestions where I should begin trouble shooting this one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭case956tom

I got a db 990 a few weeks back. It's been running sweet up till this week.
    I changed the back end oil it was fairly milky and changed the engine oil and all filters.
    The lift has started acting up. Lift will only go up when leaver is in the down position, doesn't matter if it is in tcu, draft, or height. It's like it is stuck in tcu.
    Anyone have suggestions where I should begin trouble shooting this one
    maybe it is in tcu position,take off the cover behind the selector pull the lift lever into select and try selecting between draft, position and tcu to see if its moving inside,the roll pin might be broken in the plastic handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Harrier1980

case956tom wrote: »
    maybe it is in tcu position,take off the cover behind the selector pull the lift lever into select and try selecting between draft, position and tcu to see if its moving inside,the roll pin might be broken in the plastic handle.

I had a look today, took the cover off and can see the little barrel below the tcu selector turning ok. But it is turning freely, shouldn't there be a click between draft, height and tcu?
    Lift arms are now going up with the leaver down, I have to stand on the arms to get them to go down with the leaver in the middle and nothing happens when the leaver is up fully.

Oil is flowing away so I guess pump is working fine

I had a look today, took the cover off and can see the little barrel below the tcu selector turning ok. But it is turning freely, shouldn't there be a click between draft, height and tcu?
    Lift arms are now going up with the leaver down, I have to stand on the arms to get them to go down with the leaver in the middle and nothing happens when the leaver is up fully.

Oil is flowing away so I guess pump is working fine
    is the part i have arrowed in your pic moving?

Attach the pic you put the arrow on. Can't see it on the one I have attached

Attach the pic you put the arrow on. Can't see it on the one I have attached
    tried to post pic again cant seem to get it done,the part i arrowed is just under the lefthand bolt just to the left of the white plastic part.

• Advertisement

No that's not moving. Only the little shaft that comes down from the dial

Is this the part you mean?
    attachment_zps438d76d5.jpg

No that's not moving. Only the little shaft that comes down from the dial
    that part should move across to the different positions,it looks to me that the plastic selector is broken someone must have forced it at some point,you might get it to move by pulling the lift lever into select position and push that part with a small bar i don't know if it will stay put,if you want to fix it properly you will have to take out the hyd control vavle that bolts on the other end of that housing,if you do do that get the selector off an earlier tractor as they were made of cast.

did you attact a pic???.i cant see one.

i see it now, yes that's the part that should move.

• Advertisement

there now

ok thanks.
    I will pop it into select mode tomorrow and have a go at moving it. What direction do I need to move it?

ok thanks.
    I will pop it into select mode tomorrow and have a go at moving it. What direction do I need to move it?
    move it to the right into the same position as the white plastic is now it mightn't stay put though,moving it anymore will put it into draft/depth.

case956tom wrote: »
    move it to the right into the same position as the white plastic is now it mightn't stay put though,moving it anymore will put it into draft/depth.

Thanks a mil! Your a star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

We owned a few DB's many years ago - 2 x 25D's and a 900 - and the lifts gave trouble on all of them. From what I have read older DB tractor lifts werent overly reliable. Having said that I still have a fondness for red DB tractors.

Any chance of a pic of your 990?

Sure will take a pic this week and pop one up.

Thought it was all sorted but alas not yet. Lift arm don't go down all the way now. There working fine up down like they should just will only go down about half way.???

Sure will take a pic this week and pop one up.

Thought it was all sorted but alas not yet. Lift arm don't go down all the way now. There working fine up down like they should just will only go down about half way.???
    are you sure its properly in position, it might between the two pushrods.

Ok will double check when I get a chance.

Ok will double check when I get a chance.
    I was looking at the pic of your tractor it looks to have the engine frame/chassis off a 996,has your tractor a pto hand clutch lever alongside the seat on the left?take a look for the engine number it should be on a flat area on the block behind the starter or between the fuel lift pump and the alternator,a 990 will have an 4/49 engine,a 995/6 will have a 4/55 engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Whalen

Hi All,
    I have a bit of a problem with the lift on my DB 885 that seems to be a common complaint. The lift arm keeps lifting of it's own accord. Even when I change the 3 way valve to the external valve it keeps going into constant pumping. I'm not sure if the TCU valve is at fault here as I think it's seized. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement