Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

moving to UAE

Options
  • 17-04-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi guys my fiance son and I will be moving to abu-dhabi in the next few months. We are not married and will.need to get married in order to go. Im looking up about how to get a registry office wedding. Basically.just want to get the marriage cert quickly before we go. We have out actual wedding booked for 2016. Anyway I know I need to give 3 month notification but it's saying ideally we need to have book the office ceremony a year in advance. We simply cannot.wait that long, there has to be some way around it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

I proposed in early march last year and we married within 3 months. Civil ceremony. I gave notice to the Irish registrar from Dubai and we went to Ireland for the wedding. You don't have to book a year in advance. In fact with only 3 months notice, we had a range of dates to choose from. Call the registrar's office of the authority you wish to marry in and speak to the registrar and set things in motion without delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

You do need to register in advance, but should be able to do it reasonably quickly. If you need a specific date it'll need to be a fair bit in advance, but if you're flexible then three months should be ok.

Also if you're both EU citizens I think you can get married in Gretna Green in Scotland with a couple of weeks notice. Not sure though, more info here - http://www.gretnagreen.com/overseas-couples-a802

Advertisement