Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial vs emotional stress

Options
  • 10-03-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is it better to be financially stressed or emotionally stressed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

financially stressed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Odd question, i think it's fair to say that stress is an emotional thing and certainly financial pressures will lead to emotional stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CamogB

I put more in my post but decided it was too personal so deleted all but the title. The crux is that I have property ties with my ex which are causing emotional stress - threats of moving back in but if I break the ties at present I'll have financial stress and nowhere to live with 3 children. The banks won't give me a mortgage as my company announced it's closing (but not until 2017)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

CamogB wrote: »
    I put more in my post but decided it was too personal so deleted all but the title. The crux is that I have property ties with my ex which are causing emotional stress - threats of moving back in but if I break the ties at present I'll have financial stress and nowhere to live with 3 children. The banks won't give me a mortgage as my company announced it's closing (but not until 2017)

First of all OP the " threat" of moving back in is probably just that . For males in particular its the one of the very few cards we can play - so we play it . The truth is often we'd sooner put rusty nails in our eyes than move back but hey you have to use every weapon you can - that's the game .

You are being over dramatic though when you say you will have "nowhere to live with three children" . That won't happen . Between maintenance from your ex and SW you will have a house - maybe a rental one but a house . Your housing need will be far better catered for than his .

Advertisement