Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brush & Set for Chimney Cleaning

Options
  • 14-08-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Hope this is the appropriate place for posting this query.

Wondering if anyone can recc a good supplier of Chimney brushes & poles, I've lost faith in the usual hardware outlets selling anything of quality.
    Googled a few but they seem to be US-based, anyone know of a good product here or in UK?
    Thanks for any help - always appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Have you tried Dosco Ireland. Website Dosco.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Excel Industries in Coolmine.

They are a trade supplier and you can buy/order their products via any builders providers.

Ive used Chadwicks on a few occasions to order/buy some of their products.

You pay in the builders providers,and you can then collect from Excel directly in Coolmine,if you wish to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

I heard that getting your chimney cleaned is going to be regulated in the next few years. A company will have to be licensed to clean your chimney and give a cert and photographic proof and this must be provided to get house insurance otherwise no house insurance. anyone else hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

Thanks all - forgot to ask - which is better, a nylon or wire bristle? (clay flue)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Got my rods and brushes here,
    http://www.hotline-chimneys.co.uk/chimney-sweeping.html

....have a look. They have the right stuff.
    Got a lined flue a couple of years ago and didn't want to take a risk sticking any auld brush up it......

• Advertisement

Planet X wrote: »
    Got my rods and brushes here,
    http://www.hotline-chimneys.co.uk/chimney-sweeping.html

....have a look. They have the right stuff.
    Got a lined flue a couple of years ago and didn't want to take a risk sticking any auld brush up it......

Was that long ago? Website says they don't ship to RoI anymore :(

Last year.

Don't mind that they say they don't ship to Ireland. They shipped to me in Dublin.
    No probs.

Or

Use Parcel Motel. I use them all the time.

Planet X wrote: »
    Last year.

Don't mind that they say they don't ship to Ireland. They shipped to me in Dublin.
    No probs.

Or

Use Parcel Motel. I use them all the time.

grand job - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ger.Cleansweep

Bailey Rods with Universal fiitting are the best IMO I usually order direct but see Planet X link shows the same.

Good Luck

Reminds me. Must give the flue a going over soon. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Anyone ever come across brushes like what are in the image below. I need to get a 5" brush and very flexible rods

Advertisement