Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

i think if wes came over to manchester - the theatre, carrington, the city in general etc he'd make his mind up pretty quick
    plus saf always gets the player he wants if he sets his mind to it (excluding batistuta and ronaldinho)
    this would be my suggestion
    then negotiate wages

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

I bet ya Fergie hadn't thought of that Conno, you should ring him and let him know the plan.

Would be like a moth to a flame, Wesley just couldnt resist it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

if saf has any remaining ambitions to win the CL we need to buy sneidjer and bale this january
    everyone knows it takes a while for players to settle in
    by aug next year both would be gunning for euro glory
    buy now is my suggestion
    plus, real / barca are likely to come in for bale this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Felt like I was in the FIFA thread after reading that last post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

conno16 wrote: »
    if saf has any remaining ambitions to win the CL we need to buy sneidjer and bale this january
    everyone knows it takes a while for players to settle in
    by aug next year both would be gunning for euro glory
    buy now is my suggestion
    plus, real / barca are likely to come in for bale this summer

Gareth Bale doesn't have the ability of Nani or the discipline of Valencia. He might be a step up from Young but since we just signed him I don't see it happening.

We do need a LB who can challenge Evra but I can't remember the last time Bale played there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

conno16 wrote: »
    i think if wes came over to manchester - the theatre, carrington, the city in general etc he'd make his mind up pretty quick
    plus saf always gets the player he wants if he sets his mind to it (excluding batistuta and ronaldinho)
    this would be my suggestion
    then negotiate wages

Manchester's not a bad City, and fair enough if you want to sign a player off a Chechen side you could use that to your advantage, but you can't really use it when you're trying a tempt a player from Milan to Manchester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

smokedeels wrote: »
    Gareth Bale doesn't have the ability of Nani or the discipline of Valencia. He might be a step up from Young but since we just signed him I don't see it happening.

We do need a LB who can challenge Evra but I can't remember the last time Bale played there.

2 weeks ago against stoke . Was apart of back 5 more of a Lwb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

after pressing f5 for the last 2 hours, a city away fa cup ticket appears on my account.

get the f*ck in. delighted.

Aww you jammy b4st4rd.

I applied but not a sniff of a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

We might as well talk about signing Ronaldo back. More chance of that happening than getting Bale in January!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

TheTownie wrote: »
    Felt like I was in the FIFA thread after reading that last post...

We can get Neymar in the Jan window for under €50m if he hasn't been bought by then...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

carlcon wrote: »
    We can get Neymar in the Jan window for under €50m if he hasn't been bought by then...

Barca may have an issue with that, given they've reportedly paid 10m for first refusal on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

i'VE A FE3ELING saf WILL BUY IN jANURAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

CooL, I DoN't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I KNW RITE? I THINK HE'LL BUY SNEIJDER, BALE AND OZIL.

If Fergie buys they'll be cheap enough imo like Evra and Vidic type signings. Sure we'd be laughing if Fergie signed Yoann Cabaye during the Summer for 7 or 8 million (price adjusted for United tax)

Coo coo ca choo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Blatter wrote: »
    The Sneijder rumours were always going to start up again.

hmm dunno, the media making things up is always possible. once the deadline passed in august, i expected us never again to be linked to him, given the age, the wages etc etc and fergie has said it before that generally a player only got one chance to sign for united.

im surprised to see these reports, though it will sell papers. i could very easily go out and start a rumour about lets say martinez, get a few quotes here and there and watch it run for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hmm dunno, the media making things up is always possible. once the deadline passed in august, i expected us never again to be linked to him, given the age, the wages etc etc and fergie has said it before that generally a player only got one chance to sign for united.

im surprised to see these reports, though it will sell papers. i could very easily go out and start a rumour about lets say martinez, get a few quotes here and there and watch it run for a month.

i was the same once we didn't dsign him in august - but with us being out of the CL now - so CL registration not being an issue, I think the deal cold be pssible - but I do think it would have to be for less than the 35million we apparently agreed in the summer and he would have to drop his wages a good bit from the 200k+ I read he was after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

i was the same once we didn't dsign him in august - but with us being out of the CL now - so CL registration not being an issue, I think the deal cold be pssible - but I do think it would have to be for less than the 35million we apparently agreed in the summer and he would have to drop his wages a good bit from the 200k+ I read he was after.

I don't think the registration issue is ever the problem when it comes to players moving in Jan... if anything, big signings like Sneijder would be the ones with the "control" in that area. So to him, it makes no difference whether or not United are in the CL, because he wouldn't be playing anyway.

It's not a case of "ok now Sneijder can come because United aren't in the CL anyway", it's more "well why would he leave a club he's playing for in the CL so he can play for a club where he can't?"

Moving in January really makes no sense for Sneijder. His agent would almost definitely advise him against it.

If.... IF... the deal is a possibility, it'll be a summer signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

You soccer fans are very clanny. I add a decent post, albeit misspelt and in caps and you all attack. Get out much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Cabaye would be an excellent signing, his game has pretty much it all.

• Advertisement

smokedeels wrote: »

2 weeks ago against stoke . Was apart of back 5 more of a Lwb

I don't imagine he'd want to play as a more traditional LB again. Not on a permeant basis anyway. He would be overpriced for that position too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

You soccer fans are very clanny. I add a decent post, albeit misspelt and in caps and you all attack. Get out much?

You will get that alright. Their is a lot of cliques and pat on the back merchants on Boards that will attack posts they don't agree with or like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It looked like you were taking the piss, proof read next time.

I have a feeling x will happen is not a decent post IMO. You should provide reasons otherwise there's no discussion to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I don't think the registration issue is ever the problem when it comes to players moving in Jan... if anything, big signings like Sneijder would be the ones with the "control" in that area. So to him, it makes no difference whether or not United are in the CL, because he wouldn't be playing anyway.

It's not a case of "ok now Sneijder can come because United aren't in the CL anyway", it's more "well why would he leave a club he's playing for in the CL so he can play for a club where he can't?"

Moving in January really makes no sense for Sneijder. His agent would almost definitely advise him against it.

I really much doubt that's the case.

Inter are a mess of a club at the minute. They have an ageing squad that are struggling to meet FFP, and have a battle on their hands to qualify for the CL next season.

They won't be winning the CL this season and depending on the draw, probably won't make it past the quarter finals.

You really think playing a couple of matches extra in the CL this season even though he has almost no chance of winning it(Go to the bookies and get as big as 33/1 on it), is going to be a major factor in him turning down a move to Man Utd, a club with far more prospects for the immediate future than an Inter side who apparently want to sell him?

No chance, It'll be wages, Inter not wanting to sell(although allegedly, they do) or SAF not being interested in him anymore that'd be the stumbling block in any move, not a few extra matches in a glamorous competition that he knows he almost certainly has no chance of winning.

really, what decent post?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

really, what decent post?

raaarrrr, that's like a reply i'd make, should we call you Bitch Connor!? ;);)

so if United were in the CL you reckon they would spend massive money on a player they can't play in i? I really don't think so - which is why is not being in the CL removes a potential barrier to the move, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

so if United were in the CL you reckon they would spend massive money on a player they can't play in i? I really don't think so - which is why is not being in the CL removes a potential barrier to the move, imo.

The Sneijder situation is very interesting now. I agree with you Mitch, I think that if we sign anyone in Jan, it will be him. If Inter were prepared to lower the price to say £20m, and he lower his wage demands to circa £150k p.w. it could happen.

From his point of view, him and his agent have to be looking at his next move / contract. There are really very few options for him approaching the later stages of his career. Spain is not going to happen, so its gotta be England. City were supposedly interested in the summer, but maybe only cos we were, but realistically they dont need him so unless Chelsea became interested he really doesn't have many teams to move too. Actually, maybe PSG, but he's probably similar to Pastore so that mightn't work.

If he did come, the way Carrick has played the last few weeks, Sneijder could play in a 2 beside him I reckon.

Pie in the sky stuff, but I just dont see too many others around who we could get in January that would improve the 1st team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

SK1979 wrote: »
    The Sneijder situation is very interesting now. I agree with you Mitch, I think that if we sign anyone in Jan, it will be him. If Inter were prepared to lower the price to say £20m, and he lower his wage demands to circa £150k p.w. it could happen.

From his point of view, him and his agent have to be looking at his next move / contract. There are really very few options for him approaching the later stages of his career. Spain is not going to happen, so its gotta be England. City were supposedly interested in the summer, but maybe only cos we were, but realistically they dont need him so unless Chelsea became interested he really doesn't have many teams to move too. Actually, maybe PSG, but he's probably similar to Pastore so that mightn't work.

If he did come, the way Carrick has played the last few weeks, Sneijder could play in a 2 beside him I reckon.

Pie in the sky stuff, but I just dont see too many others around who we could get in January that would improve the 1st team.

I can't see the club, player and agent getting together and agreeing to make less money buy selling to Utd.

The ship sailed on this one last summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement