Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti on people's houses

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dudess wrote: »
    In fairness, the sight of "2Pac forever" spray-painted across a wall in some middle-class housing estate in Ballincollig is rather pathetic... :D

Or as i saw in finglas "2pac 4 evar..live by the gun dye by the gun..g-unit"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well to be fair, a lot of Finglas is much more "ghetto" than Ballincollig.

me u havent got a clue. anytime rubbish is being spouted, whether it be about dave mcsavage, foreign aid or anything else your sure to find that lad degsy at the centre of it

So what?
    You're either somebody with two accounts or somebody who was banned.
    Either way after the crap you spouted in the Dublin forum you're 'istory pal!

Dudess wrote: »
    Well to be fair, a lot of Finglas is much more "ghetto" than Ballincollig.

Maybe but they're still a bunch of gangsta-rap influenced numpty wannabes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kennymccormick

Degsy wrote: »
    So what?
    You're either somebody with two accounts or somebody who was banned.
    Either way after the crap you spouted in the Dublin forum you're 'istory pal!

meh, don't cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Oh my God! I banned Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So he's a vandal?

Long and short of it is he defaces property that doesnt belong to him.
    Does he invite people to paint on the walls of his property?

Never said he wasn't. You said you didn't "see any political commentary or social message" so we invited you to comment on some perfectly legal grafitti. Stick to the stuff in his exhibitions if you wish.
    Maybe but they're still a bunch of gangsta-rap influenced numpty wannabes.

I thought I explained the difference between gansta-rap and hip-hop/grafitti...?

In the interests of keeping things on topic, NO-ONE is disagreeing with you regarding scribbles on private property.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    so we invited you .

Whats this "we" business?
    Have you got a mouse in your pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

NO-ONE is disagreeing with you regarding scribbles on private property.

I still don't get it though Ikky Poo2. You seem to think that these things are alright on public property. Are you suggesting that it is ok to spray a big 'tag' on the local old folks home ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Some people do think these things are alright on public property.

I shan't weep for a Coke bus shelter ad being slightly obscured, thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Dragan wrote: »
    Well that issue falls down to the ability of the local community to self police. If you woke up in the morning with a tag on your house and your neighbour saw who did it, would they tell you?

Communties need to develop more trust and faith in their neighbours i think. That would be a good start?
    Yes that is true, but there are plenty of neighbours in a lot of areas as well who just don't give a damn. In fact I find that some of them prefer the area to be more scummy so that they feel more at home.

I think the councils in these areas should look at a solution to the idiot teens scrawling their names on walls, it's not grafiti it's just idiot scrawls to me. Maybe if a light coat of wax was added to targeted walls after painting then the paint or markers wouldn't take. There are special waxes that are invisible easy to apply and dry quickly, if someone took a marker to them it wouldn't take and would in fact destroy the marker (I worked with such a substance).

All it takes is a bit of innovation and imagination, most council workers though don't have the motivation or inclination anyway so nothing will be done in that respect, but it might be worth looking into for private house owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Whats this "we" business?
    Have you got a mouse in your pocket?

I belive Dragan amde similar points to mine. And his posts wetn similarly ignored.
    Ally Dick wrote: »
    I still don't get it though Ikky Poo2. You seem to think that these things are alright on public property. Are you suggesting that it is ok to spray a big 'tag' on the local old folks home ?

An old folks' home, in my book qualifies as private property.
    Oh my God! I banned Kenny.

Only so you could get the line in!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Only so you could get the line in!

Also it was a trap so I could ban whoever replied with "You bastard" for personal abuse. Have to meet my quota you know.

Advertisement